PDA

View Full Version : PSN is so down right now

JunkerXL
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
let this be the thread to vent all psn outage woes. my ps3 is now just a large expensive box of frustration until sony gets their act together. :smt013

i hear 2 weeks maybe? as of 4-26-11 anyway.

what have ya'll been doing in the mean time? :smt017

:smt020

Reason
04-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Sell your PS3 and get a xbox and get on a real network. PS3 is garbage. My brother inlaw just sold his xbox for a PS3. I told him he would regret it(he wanted the free network) a week later he moved the PS3 out of the game room and bought another xbox. PS2 was better than xbox, 360 is better than PS3. I was a die hard PS fan....

Chausx
04-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Or have both! ps3 for movie watching and 360 for gaming!

BG5guy
04-27-2011, 11:14 AM
its been down for almost a week now.My theory is the same person/s that hacked Skype probably hacked PS3 network and Sony decided to shut it down instead of fix it. ive been playing my nintendo 64 for the past week lol, gotta love the diddykong racing

GTDrifter
04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
i sold my ps3 just in time...my roomate said he'll die of boredom if it's not fixed by finals week (next week)

Huffer
04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
What? The game console that "Does Everything" is useless without the PSN? Come on. There's still tons of great offline games you can play.

I have a 360 but don't even go online... I have basic (free) membership and just download the demos and videos whenever I'm bored of a game. Sometimes mates will come over and we'll system link our consoles for a deathmatch fest.

BG5guy
04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
PS3 games are ment to be on the network. like Black ops, COD, no fun unless your online. Plus i can only play and Beat God of War III so many times lol

Huffer
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Not true. I see tons of single player PS3 games in the stores.

BG5guy
04-27-2011, 12:07 PM
^^^true, but i dont really wanna go out and buy a new game while i wait for them to fix it. and im not arguing that their arnt games for single player, as mentioned GOW is an awesome game, but they are usually ones that can be beat in a couple days and imo are boring after that because ive already beaten them. So all the COD and Black ops folks are mad cuz those games are the ones everyone plays online all the time, i know i do

StatGSR
04-27-2011, 02:39 PM
I love my 500gb PS3?, wait isn't it almost impossible to do a hard drive swap on an xbox?! I can also tell you that this PSN shut down has had no affect on me, i wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for this thread or the email i got about it. i don't own a ps3 for online gaming (i would never own any console specifically for online gaming), i do like that i get to download demos and stuff with PSN and some times its kinda fun to play a game online, but all the valuable online gaming i do i do with my PC, TF2 FTW!

Also if you don't have portal 2 yet you need to get on that! i got both the PS3 and PC editions for $35 from amazon, sadly that deal doesn't exist any more now that we are passed pre-order...

ryu_haneda
05-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Ouch. Hopeful that this does not happen on other networks (I had a 360, have a Wii now).