PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Trail Rally 2011

loganmossmusic
05-08-2011, 01:43 AM
This Friday and Saturday is the 2011 Oregon Trail Rally, I will be volunteering there putting up signs with my buddy, just wondering if anyone else will be there. Im really looking forward to it; there will be some big names and their awesome cars there. Also looks like me and my buddy get to ride in a fully "rallified" 2006 STi.
http://www.oregontrailrally.com/

98outbackpdx
05-15-2011, 04:35 AM
they ended up closing stages 11 and 12 because of the weather. i am wondering if they will cancel today because it is still raining in The Dalles pretty good.

loganmossmusic
05-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Luckily they didnt cancel it today. It was awesome, Dave Mirra rolled his car on saturday, not a quarter mile from where me and my buddy were posted, then proceeded to drive it on three flats back to the spectator point. Also Higgins (the other Subaru sponsored driver) won in his class (but of course he did; he was in a Subaru). They did have to shorten some tracks because the Sweep and E-Crew were getting stuck in the mud, and when they are stuck everyone will be. We were in a Ford Ranger with a 4.0L V6 4x4 and did just fine for the most part. Had a lot of fun, nothing quite like being right up next to full blown rally cars flipping through a chicane.