PDA

View Full Version : Loss of pep as of late...

02legacygt
06-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Before anyone gets up in arms i know the legacy is not powerhouse, however it has its pep to it. And im noticing as of late my off the line .... well i could most likely push it faster.

until it gets around 20-30 mph then it comes alive. not like its boggin down, or loss of gas or anything, its just not there?

So I have changed, plugs, wires, clean my K&N, new fuel filter. I also had to change my Serpentine belt about a month ago.

any suggestions from anyone.

harrymaneuvers
06-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Just off of the top of my head:

- Grounding kit/clean existing grounds and scrap the paint off from under the ground contact.

- Seafoam

- Reset ECU

Maybe a MSD coil pack will help...

I know that this wont answer the question as to "why is this happening all of a sudden"... but it might restore the power that was lost prior to this...

I know this sounds stupid but are you running your AC? My car is WORLDS different with the AC on VS the AC off... It feels SUPER sluggish until I get to about 3k then kicks in.

Just throwing things out there for you.

02legacygt
06-08-2011, 10:35 PM
I wont run the AC unless I am on he highway. Other than that it doesnt get turned on.

Reset the ECu..... hum I havent diconnected the battery in forever.

Baddog
06-08-2011, 11:25 PM
^ Yeah give that a shot and get into VTEC. Let us know how it goes.

02legacygt
06-09-2011, 03:04 PM
........................................................................ did you say something about VTEC?

Baddog
06-09-2011, 10:58 PM
No I didn't. Was a joke. Mine has this same issue. I am going to replace my 02 sensors and pull my header shields off to look for cracks. Also going to replace my VERY oily Subaru panel filter. Let me guess....It's an automatic?

ouch1011
06-12-2011, 02:04 AM
If you run 87 octane fuel, try running 89 for a tank and see if you notice any difference. Its a long shot, but you might be getting some detonation/pinging, but you'll never hear it because the knock sensor will correct for it first. If you run a little higher octane and the power comes up, its because it isn't pinging so much so it isn't retarding the timing.

Like I said, its a long shot, but its an easy thing to try. Things like a slight lack of power or slight loss of fuel economy are incredibly difficult to diagnose.

02legacygt
06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
I got Lucas fuel system cleaner, and I filled up with a tank of 92 and it seems to be a little better. I was also a little low on tranny fluid.