PDA

View Full Version : Hey, guess what? My BE is BEing a pain, AGAIN!

Sarra
03-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes, I think I posted about the dead fuel pump (left me stranded on the top of nowhere at 2 am on a school night).

Well, right after the shop replaced the fuel pump, the wire going from the sensor in the fuel tank to the gas level gauge snapped, thereby leaving me with no gauge, which in turn, left me stranded (AGAIN) in the middle of nowhere. The same shop fixed the gauge, but now it's not working again.

Let's recap what's happened with my car: Got it with bad syncros, got those replaced under warrenty. That messed up my exhaust, which resulted in me taking the car back to the dealership, where they fixed the exhaust gaskets. They then went out again later, which resulted in another set of new gaskets. The oil pan then cracked on me due to factory defect, which was replaced at a different shop. They didn't notice it was the oil pan, since it was the welds at the very lip of it holding the baffle in that cracked, so they replaced the rear main seal and a few other seals as well. Then my fuel pump crapped out on me, and now this darn gauge isn't working.

Should I take this to the first shop, and have him deal with it? Honestly, I trust this guy more than the other shop, he's faster, deals just with subies and mitsubishis, knows what he's doing, or should I take it to the dealership? Or, plan b, sell the f***ing car and buy a turbo brick? Soooo many things have gone wrong with this car, and now I'm getting an increasingly loud valve tap, I'm getting to the point where I honestly don't want to deal with this car anymore. Paid $10k for the car when it was worth $12k, but then we've put $5k in repairs into it, which doesn't count normal maintince stuff!

Manarius
03-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Screw the gage...go by mileage.

ooberdoob
03-25-2006, 10:36 PM
the gauge is a just a reminder...

always watch your mileage too.

you have to consider this: how much else can go wrong, and would it really be cost effective to do so?

if my engine blew (GOD FORBID) i'd still keep the car, i have too much $ in it. (i'd then build a beast engine, but that's just me)

god i'm having a rough time describing this, can someone describe the balance concept for me?????????

Sarra
03-26-2006, 04:36 AM
Well, I could buy a turbo brick and get it running in good order before my BE's motor blows the hell up (and it is), by that time the brick should be Out-bricking other vehicles on the road, so I'd be able to turn the BE into a project car. Blah, I just don't want to have to spend the time and money to do a engine/tranny swap though, unless I could find a donor car with both in good working condition.

I went online car shopping, checked out the RX-7 forum and NASIOC, coudln't find anything decent for sale on the West Coast. =\