PDA

View Full Version : SSR Comp-X

Sarra
03-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Pondering a set of SSR Comp-X 15" wheels for my BE. They're $200 a pop on tirerack right now. If I tossed a set of Kumho KH11's on them, I could get a set of wheels and tires for just under $1,000.

The SSR's offset is only +42 mm, though. Is this offset okay for my car, considering they're 6" width wheels, or should I find something with a +48mm offset?

Huffer
03-30-2006, 11:33 PM
if you plan never to resell the wheels, the 42 offset will be fine, but most hardcore Subaru enthusiasts will shy away from that. A lot shy away from even 45 offset.

blueb3
03-31-2006, 09:14 AM
You shouldn't have too much of an issue since the wheels and tires are relatively small. Now if they were 17's with a healthy drop you might run into problems, but shouldn't with this application.
Have to ask, what color are you getting?

Sarra
04-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm leaning toward the graphite, but in all honesty, I'll probably end up just painting them after getting them. I want a metallic silver, like bare aluminum. I may just leave them how I get them. Definatly not getting white. :p

I'd love to get some other 15" wheels for the car, but Subaru doesn't make any other 15" wheels that I can find, and I'm not getting steelies.

I wish I could find something with a better offset, but I don't think I'm going to have any luck.