PDA

View Full Version : jdm clear sidemarker wiring

blackmedal
03-31-2006, 03:51 PM
I read the other posts regarding the installation and wiring of the jdm sidemarkers/indicators but none of them could answer my question. I recently received a pair of clear sidemarkers but there was no wiring included with them. They only came with the sidemarkers themselves and two amber bulbs, one for each sidemarker. Am I screwed or is there a way to find/purchase wiring for the sidemarkers. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

MR.MCSICK
03-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Actually, you should be able to find a socket at most auto parts for a 194 bulb. I stole my sockets off of my parts eclipse for the turn signals. They are very common so it shouldnt be too hard to track a pair down.

blackmedal
03-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks a bunch for the response. I'll have to swing by the local auto parts store.

bakergtt
03-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Did it come with the back piece the buld plug into?

If so it should have flat termal blades on it and just get some wire and some blade sockets and wire it up.

blackmedal
03-31-2006, 08:15 PM
No, I am pretty sure they came directly from the dealership. I just got back from the local auto shop and picked up some universal sockets for 194 bulbs. The bulbs that came with the sidemarkers fit perfectly but the blades on the socket are too big to fit into the openings on the sidemarker. I may have to do a little bit of fab work to the back of the sidemarkers.

phi11
04-01-2006, 12:53 AM
pics please.

blackmedal
04-01-2006, 03:40 PM
A little update, I finally got everything worked out. I decided to take an exacto knife and hack a little bit off the blades of the socket and now it turns and locks into the sidemarker perfectly. All that is left is the wiring, which I would have completed but the typical Oregon weather decided to kick in. :-D I am willing to do an entire write-up including pictures, part numbers, etc. if anybody wants me to, I do owe this community something for all the help that I have received. It won't be done until this upcoming weekend because that's when I will finish the wiring and painting the black portion of the sidemarker to match the color of my car. I plan on wiring the sidemarkers as turn signals. Thanks for the help everyone.

Wiscon_Mark
04-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Always do write ups! DIY section it! :D

Superu264
04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Always do write ups! DIY section it! :D

+1

I cant wait to see how this turns out

BlueMan0312
04-09-2006, 02:43 PM
i searched every auto part stoor in town and could not fint the universal sockets. where can i get them???

Reason
04-09-2006, 05:18 PM
i searched every auto part stoor in town and could not fint the universal sockets. where can i get them???

I got a used set of amber side markers cheap on eBay. I took the sockets for my clears. You mnight have to break down and get a second set. ooberdoob is going to buy my amber side and rig something up.

blackmedal
04-09-2006, 08:30 PM
The universal sockets I bought are Pico Wiring Accessories, part number 5408PT. It says "side marker assembly for Ford and GM" but the sockets work perfectly, I just had to shave off two of the "blades" with an exacto knife.
On a side note, the DIY installation won't be finished this weekend because I found a nail in my sidewall. With that issue being on the top of my priority list, I'm going to hopefully finish the DIY by the end of next weekend.

ooberdoob
04-09-2006, 09:31 PM
yep, i'm gonna put em on next weekend, so maybe i'll do a write up :wink:

subiekid
05-02-2006, 02:18 AM
You can get the parts form the suby dealer. The wireharness is the same as the one for the pre 02 Impreza. I simply stole the wires off my 92 parts car and used them for my 95.