PDA

View Full Version : Turbo injectors on a N/A

belladonna
04-06-2006, 10:50 PM
okay...so my car has been running a little lean, not a lot, just a little. so i bought a set of fuel injectors off a 93 turbo legacy and i was wondering if i'm going to run into any sort of problems running these? like is the N/A fuel pump the same as the turbo? how's my ecu going to react? what kind of spark plugs should i run with those injectors?

legacy92ej22t
04-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Well first off, you'll need the fuel rails off the EJ22T to run the injectors. They won't drop into your EJ22E rails.

You also won't be able to control your A/F ratio without some type of engine management and sensors, like PP6 and a wide band O2. You're going to be going from a 280cc (iirc) NA injector, to a 370cc turbo injector. Not a good idea in my book. You'll run pig rich, you're fuel trims will be jacked and your car will most likely run like crap. :(

How do you know your car is running a little lean?

strat81
04-07-2006, 03:26 AM
she pulled plugs... they were whitish in color...

belladonna
04-07-2006, 07:27 AM
:? alright...i wasn't thinking about engine management...thanks matt....do you have any suggestions to get it to stop leaning out? and do you think i should abandon the turbo injector project or get the parts needed to make it work?

SHOfast
04-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Better then deciding you are running lean because of plug color, hook it up to a wide band o2 sniffer and check for sure. The white plug could be caused by other things...

Just an idea before you start throwing parts at it, maybe is not that lean and just a little improvement on the tune will get it back in line...

sheepdog
04-07-2006, 11:14 AM
or upgrade the fuel pump, stock injectors. That could help some as long as you arent maxing them out, which I doubt.

NewGenSTi
04-07-2006, 01:50 PM
It would help if you gave more detail on what might be causing the lean condition. the factory computer should be able to control that fine. are your injectors dirty? might cause a lean condition or a dirty fuel filter, or possible a weak fuel pump.

370cc is big for N/A
My car runs super rich with stock injectors. I have a Apexi SAFC on my car and I leaned it out a whole bunch because it was soo rich.. If you really wanted to adj it the SAFC would allow you to pump some more fuel through, but I wouldnt recommend tinkering with anything unless you know the reason for the lean condition.

in my case I am running catless so the rear o2 is saying somethign is wrong causing more fuel to be dumped in.

belladonna
04-07-2006, 02:02 PM
it's possible that the sending unit is going although it hasn't made any noise. the injectors are original and the fuel filter has been replaced.