PDA

View Full Version : Pre meet thread: 9th Annual NE meet 2012 (RHODE ISLAND)

Reason
01-12-2012, 12:27 AM
This thread will be meant for info and to hold interest and keep contact with anyone wanting to come. This will also help inform new members that want to attend that this isn't a meet where we compare c**k sizes. With the 8 previous years I have been holding this meet I've been pretty much doing on my own. With each year from the first attendance grew and the fun was always there when we had 4 cars or 24. This year I'm going to try to make it that much better.

So what do I have planned? Many more cars this year? Nope, I don't care for meets with too many people. I feel it lacks the personal nature of it all. We can all look at Legacy's all day at home on our computers. This meet is not set up to see as many cars as we can. It's set up to meet the people who we interact with on a daily basis on here AND see their car in person as a bonus. We don't talk about how big our turbos are, or what's the biggest number we put down on the dyno this week. We talk about all the little things in between, all the things that most people who don't know these cars pass them off as factory options and what not. Don't get me wrong, I like horse power and torque as the next guy, but we are hardcore enthusiast, we don't buy fun/fast cars we build them!

As always I will make an official thread 2-3 months before the set date (when I choose it). With that I will give directions, time, pics from past meets and what not. So besides this thread being new to what I usually do I also am planning on renting an actual location in the park. I have the place planned out, just need to check prices and see if it will be clear for whatever date I pick. Also I want to do a video, so I'll ask anyone that plans on coming that has a video camera (HD preferred but not needed) please bring it. I will also need to hook up with someone who does video editing and has the means to do it. Local preferred but I'm willing to work with anyone willing to put something together with me. Also HD still cameras will be welcomed for the video and or slid show.

Also if theres anyone local that plans on coming and maybe want to help me organize this let me know. I can do it alone, but an extra hand wouldn't hurt. I also ask people that are driving long distance to set up some sort on organized meeting spot(s) and convoy up. Let's make this legit and easy for everyone. So let's say if someone from PA plans on coming and theres a good amount of you, try to organize, it makes long trips more fun.

And lastly there will be a treat, a "special guest" if you will. The cat was let out of the bag early. But most people didnt catch it, so if you know what we have planned please keep it a secret until I announce it.

I asked anyone that wants to be put on the reminder list to please let me know and I will put you on the list below. This isnt an official attending list. This is for the people who are interested in going if they can make and want to be informed of changes and just kept in the loop. A few guys got the days wrong and this will help to prevent that.

Theres also this thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23409 (https://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23409) if anyone is interested with what was previously discussed. Soon it will be locked and all talk will be continued here.

1. Reason -RI
2. )2edline - CT/MA
3. 1-3-2-4 - CT
4. dplacencia - MD
5. Yamazakisubaru - MD
6. EvoLegacy - MA
7. 07_2.5i - MA
8. amgarrety - PA
9. drtylggy - PA
10. xoSubieLegacyxo - PA
11. slaytalera - NJ

)2edline
01-12-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm in as always, well written post too Shane! I'll try to make it +1 if my brother wants to come with his car as well.

Me and my brother bring our cameras regardless but we can help take footage or shots ect ect. Both are DSLR's with HD Vid

Reason
01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Great Gahn!

amgarrety
01-12-2012, 09:27 PM
I want to come if a big enough group from PA is willing to go.

I don't know if the special guest is who I think it is, but if they have the car I very much desire to see in person, then I might even call off work now.

drtylggy
01-22-2012, 10:18 PM
I may go if you want to go over together Garrety

07_2.5i
01-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Since im still kinda new here, im looking forward to going to my first meet!!

dplacencia
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
I am down for this Shane...

02_Legacy
01-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Why do I live in the middle of nowhere :smt013
I would go but its over a 20 hour drive from here to Rhode Island :-(

Reason
01-24-2012, 02:09 AM
You may change your mind....

Oh and one year rougeben drove from Detriot to NY to RI, and he was only a couple hours late lol

1-3-2-4
01-31-2012, 07:23 PM
put me down on the list

xoSubieLegacyxo
02-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Well since there is a big group forming from PA, I guess I should try to attend.

Reason
02-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Just a heads up, I plan on renting a spot. I need an accurate head count. If you say you are coming, make the extra effort to be there. If you are a shy lurker and don't know till that day please pm me anywhere from now till half way during the meet. Since this will be a paid for spot, doucebags will be turned away or asked to leave if they start trouble.

)2edline
02-15-2012, 10:36 PM
If you rent a spot does it mean we can grill and drink?

evolegacy
02-18-2012, 09:20 PM
you know if I go that Mike will probably wanna bring his Saab down, I'll also see if I can get some others I've met up with in the area and some from 802subaru in VT to come as well, they are all fun to chill with and are very knowledgable when it comes to subarus

Reason
02-18-2012, 11:51 PM
No drinky, I'll give more info when I make the thread. But if you want to BBQ someone needs to be in charge, I don't want any part of it lol

amgarrety
02-20-2012, 09:03 PM
There's still no set date, right?

My June and July are filling up fast, but I definitely still want to make this meet.

The way gas prices are rising, I might have to drive around my dad's scooter so I can save money for gas to make the 7 hour trip. $5 a gallon isn't something I'm excited about.

Reason
02-20-2012, 10:16 PM
No set date yet, most likely it will go down in August.

)2edline
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
WBM in June, but can't wait for this! I'll bake food wrapped in foil under my hood :cool: :smt030 Ribs a la header

dplacencia
02-21-2012, 07:29 PM
If its in Aug i wont be able to make it.

slaytalera
02-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Put me down, ill bring my GoPro and my DSLR, Shane you've got a PM

evolegacy
02-26-2012, 10:37 AM
WBM in June, but can't wait for this! I'll bake food wrapped in foil under my hood :cool: :smt030 Ribs a la header

dude that would be pretty sick actually xD

Reason
02-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Justin I replied but my phone died and the pm was lost. Yes to your question, I'll pm you what I'm looking to do when I get a chance.

Reason
02-26-2012, 12:15 PM
The list has been updated. The list is for people who want info for the meet and will try to make it. This list will get special updates via pm's when something new comes up.

If you guys want to do something with food. Give me two volunteers that know they will be there for sure. You two can coordinate food when it gets closer and people know if they are coming or not.

To anyone new to this meet some of us bring a few parts to sell or trade. Please don't bring a ton of parts and scatter them around on the ground. Park authoites can probably kick us out.

And if anyone is interested I will bring some parts and sell cheaper than I would on the net. These parts are cash only. Most likely be things for $100 and less.

slaytalera
02-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Justin I replied but my phone died and the pm was lost. Yes to your question, I'll pm you what I'm looking to do when I get a chance.

Ahh ok, I was wondering, sounds good

dplacencia
02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
I hope its before Aug. Plus I won't be bringing anymore parts for sale.

Reason
03-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Coming soon! I'll pick the date sometime next month, get on the info list!

zactimusprime19
03-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I'd love to go as long as its not to far of a drive.

Reason
04-01-2012, 09:06 PM
ATTENTION THIS YEARS MEET WILL BE HELD JULY 28TH WHICH IS A SATURDAY. GET THE DAY OFF FROM WOR, ASK YOUR MOMMY IF IT'S OK TO COME AND BEG YOUR WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS THAT YOU HAVE TO COME!! NO EXCUSES NOT TO COME, JUST BE THERE! WE ARE AMERICANS (MOST WHO CAN ACTUALLY ATTEND) WE DONT THINK WE DO, SO DO BE THERE LOL

I'll make up the official thread this week.

xoSubieLegacyxo
04-01-2012, 10:35 PM
DAMN! My buddy is getting married that weekend. Sorry y'all, but maybe next year. At least I still got the Mid-Atlantic meet!

evolegacy
04-02-2012, 12:10 AM
DAMN! My buddy is getting married that weekend. Sorry y'all, but maybe next year. At least I still got the Mid-Atlantic meet!

april fools right? xD

xoSubieLegacyxo
04-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Unfortunately no, I already committed to it, so looks like I'm not attending.

amgarrety
04-02-2012, 10:26 AM
I still plan on making it there. I'll actually stay up in the area for about a week and visit some friends and just drive around. I was trying to find a way to justify driving 7 hours just for a meet, so that'll work out.

Reason
04-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Make it a weekend thing, there's plenty to do. In the summer time its great here, the beaches or beach areas are nice. Or you can take a ferry to Block Island. It's a beautiful island, its small but relaxing. Few restaurants, beach, rent scooters drive around the island. It's a good way to kill a day and just relax.

Yamazaki
04-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I still plan on making it there. I'll actually stay up in the area for about a week and visit some friends and just drive around. I was trying to find a way to justify driving 7 hours just for a meet, so that'll work out.
Ha ! That's exactly what my wife and I are doing. We're taking the week to see the New England area.

amgarrety
04-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Yeah, i'm taking my girlfriend up with me to sight see a little in New England, then visit a close friend of ours who is in the Navy and is stationed in Groton, CT.

Block Island sounds like a great idea. I'll definitely look into that.

Reason
04-02-2012, 06:31 PM
The regular ferry takes about an hour, the speed ferry is about 30mins, but obviously more money. I usually take the normal ferry, have some drinks and just take in the view. The seagulls fly along side the ferry at pace and will eat from your hands. If you do go, go from point Judith to BI, not from newport.

http://www.blockislandferry.com/

http://www.blockislandinfo.com/

Dead91silvia
04-03-2012, 02:45 AM
I think you guys should help me with a plan ticket and hotel so I can help Yamazaki with bringing all 3 cars! :grin:

Maybe we can get something good going on over here like this! Have a great time guys! :smt023

Reason
04-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Lol thread closed to build anticipation for the official thread! :grin:

dodik
04-18-2012, 02:19 PM
No its not im still posting..

Reason
04-19-2012, 10:45 AM
PM's will go out tonight to everyone who has been to a past meet and those who shown interest about going at some point. I encourage everyone that wants to go to plan ahead and let me know ASAP if you are coming. If we have enough people I will rent a spot. Also if you know if any local legacy owners or know someone on another forum feel free to invite them. I would like this to be our biggest year, 30+ cars (Legacy) we came close two years ago.