PDA

View Full Version : TSW KYALAMI

redlegacygt
04-11-2006, 06:12 PM
ok so im now looking at getting a different set of wheels and this time i've come across these wheels. The specs are 17x7 with a +42 offset and was wondering if they would fit.The tires i would get would most likely be 205/40/17. Also, if they do fit and i do get them, i would only run them during the summer. If i were only to run them during the summer, how much damage would that cause because of it being a slightly low offset? I dont want to spend money on my wheels but yet mess things up in the process....
P.S- The guy ran them on his forester.
Pic of wheels: http://www.buywheelstoday.com/products/?id=414

Info:http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30916

gil_ong81
04-11-2006, 07:34 PM
those rims look real nice.

but alas, i'd be cautious about teh offet, 42 is like 10 less than what's recommended.

is your car lowered? if it is, i'd almost say that it will rub.

Huffer
04-11-2006, 09:45 PM
TSW's are HEAVY wheels. They're show -only, typically.

I have TSW Apex' on my wagon, 17x7 ET 48. Heavy, but TOUGH.

blueb3
04-11-2006, 11:41 PM
I hated the tsw's I had on my dub. Almost 30 lbs a wheel BEFORE tires. That and they were soft, a weak pot hole would bend them easily. Check around if you like the style, you should easily find something better for the same, if not less, price. Sorry to rain on your parade. :(

redlegacygt
04-12-2006, 09:22 AM
yeah i had heard that TSW wheels were really heavy and i kinda figured that offset would cause them to rub(not lowered, but hope to be soon). Looks like i might have to keep saving penny's and get some rotas or something....

blueb3
04-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Wheels are the hardest things to buy for any car. You want something good that fits, but that doesn't look like everyone else's. Yeah, I am going off the deep end with some vw wheels, and will surely f up the wheel bearings, but those are something I always replace when doing brakes, so that doesn't scare me. Just keep an eye out for something you really like, and when you see them, post up a pic of the rims and your car and we can p-shop them together for you for a better idea of how they will look.