PDA

View Full Version : feels like I lost some power with my exhaust system

tecnica technician
04-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey guys I just had my exhaust done on my Gt. I have a borla header, stock cats, with a custom 2" mid pipe, and an apexi ws axle back. The thing is that it sounds great but it feels like I loss some bottom end. What can I do to get it back?

Wiscon_Mark
04-14-2006, 02:50 PM
2" shouldn't have made you lose bottom end. You have any exhaust leaks? Did you change anything else?

tecnica technician
04-14-2006, 04:14 PM
No but the axle back is a little bit bigger then 2" don't know the exact size because it is from Japan

Wiscon_Mark
04-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Well, 2.25" is the most we usually reccomend for N/A engines, it may be 2.5" which could cost you some torque.

Contrary to popular belief, backpressure does NOT give you more torque. Hot exhaust fumes cooling before the end of the exhaust piping, causing poorer flow, reducing torque. That's why too large of piping causes problems. Too small of piping causes issues at anything above a low rpm because of the amount of exhaust flow, but don't let that trick you into thinking you're gaining torque, that isn't the case.

just a little thing to keep in mind.

strat81
04-16-2006, 02:52 AM
dyno proof or butt dyno?

Sarra
04-16-2006, 04:31 AM
do you have an intake? If you don't have a decent CAI, you may want to get one, you might get some of that bottom end back. :)