PDA

View Full Version : New Member

dease42
04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey, just got my first subie, 2005 legacy 2.5i (couldn't afford the turbo). I luv this car! I'm in St. Louis MO and I've got to say, I haven't seen hardly any legacys on the road. If there are members in the area, give me a shout, I'd like to start getting a group together...

Here's what I've done so far (not much, funding is the issue :roll: )
Tinted the windows
removed the silencer on the intake
added a grounding kit
installed the stereo (new head unit, custom box in the trunk)

up next?:
modify a cai from a turbo to fit
-or-
springs and struts (looking at the Tien's)

check out the ride (some pics):
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2318799

shazapple
04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Very nice start! I like the green wiring, its different than the usual red/blue.

Wiscon_Mark
04-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Looks like you have a good start.

A turbo intake really wouldn't work that well (I'm assuming you're looking at the K&N Typhoon one for the LGT) as the intake inlet is much different from the N/A design. If you wanted to get custom piping to go to it, I guess it would be decent, but I would leave it alone, honestly.

Welcome to the Site!

dease42
04-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Looks like you have a good start.

A turbo intake really wouldn't work that well (I'm assuming you're looking at the K&N Typhoon one for the LGT) as the intake inlet is much different from the N/A design. If you wanted to get custom piping to go to it, I guess it would be decent, but I would leave it alone, honestly.

Welcome to the Site!

I've heard that from a lot of other people as well, maybe I should listen :lol:

I've also been reading a lot about where the restriction lies in the n/a intake, mostly in the stock flex tubing and the resonator. I think I'm going to talk to a machine shop/muffler shop and see if I can't just replace the stock tubing with some piping, and remove the resonator. If it works, I'll post some more info...

Wiscon_Mark
04-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Instead of asking a shop, why don't you get the ebay intake? It can be used with the stock airbox, and it is dyno proven to give a few HP.

sheepdog
04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Yea someone makes a CAI for it, itll be less hassle than tryin to make it yourself. Spend the money on an exhaust :twisted:

badbasser98
04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Spend the money on an exhaust :twisted:

Ahh, the words of wisedom :-D

Welcome to SLi :wink:

dease42
02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Update (new member introduction again?)

.... well I finally got a chance to upgrade to a GT:
2005 GT 5EAT OBP

Moved the stereo setup from the old legacy (easiest swap I ever did!), got some opensource tuning software and am in the process of learning to tune. Currently running a ~ Stage 1 map, pretty conservative but a huge difference over stock. Working on a CarPC too, but that's been slow going (time-hog).

Hopefully this summer I can put some time/$$ into the car, maybe hit up an autox at gateway, put it through it's paces :)

I'll try to post some pics tonight of the new ride...