PDA

View Full Version : 98 Subaru Legacy...Tachometer??

98subarulegacy
04-22-2006, 10:54 PM
my subaru doesnt have a tach...ahh..is there any way i can get a aftermarket one installed?? any opinions are welcome...thanks!

Plays_with_Toys
04-22-2006, 11:40 PM
You might be able to do a cluster swap, though I don't know what you have to do to set the odometer to your car. Also, there are some clusters that go to 140mph, and some that go to 120mph so you'd have to match. This could be a junkyard item, or you could mount a tach on the dash or in a pillar pod.

ivwarrior
04-23-2006, 02:12 AM
I'd go with an aftermarket tach if you really want one. You don't want to get into odometer discrepency issues by swapping clusters, just to get a tach. Google should be able to turn up something that'll work.

shazapple
04-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Just get a gauge cluster with a tach, take the tach out and put it in your current cluster. There should be all the hookups already there.

Either that, or swap the clusters and then just get a shop to give you a sticker saying what the milage is.

Wiscon_Mark
04-23-2006, 02:34 AM
Just get a gauge cluster with a tach, take the tach out and put it in your current cluster. There should be all the hookups already there.

Either that, or swap the clusters and then just get a shop to give you a sticker saying what the milage is.

bingo-

I believe 90supra with a 95 brighton said that all the connections were there, they just didn't follow up on the tachometer. You can swap in a tach, it's very easy.

Refer to my DIY on interior lighting to get at your guage cluster.

bgwagon
08-18-2006, 02:38 AM
i tried doing it up but met with nothing but issues, so i just changed the cluster, but after installing my Indiglo guages after winter is went nuts, my tach and temp stopped working all together, and my speedo is not very accurate either anymore