PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Filler

SliWagon
04-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey all, new to SLi, I have a 90 legacy wagon with a catback exhaust and custom intake. This might sound funny, but I can not find the freaking automatic transmission filler, I've looked everywhere, and the dipstick is not where the manual illustrates. Any help would be greatly appreciated, pics would kick ass too, I want to get some lucas oil in this transmission asap.

belladonna
04-23-2006, 09:06 PM
can't do pix at the moment since it's dark, but your dipstick/fill is if you're looking at the front of the engine to your back righthand side. it's under some vacuum/fuel lines and sits low.

Wiscon_Mark
04-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Huffer will tell you to get some Lubeguard ATF for your tranny ;)

He's serious though, it's good stuff.

Huffer
04-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Huffer will tell you to get some Lubeguard ATF for your tranny ;)

He's serious though, it's good stuff.

Beat me to it! :D

And yes, for AT's, I am dead serious! 8)

belladonna
04-24-2006, 02:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/InvernessShadow/filler.jpg

SliWagon
04-24-2006, 06:11 PM
thanks everyone, that was pretty stupid lol I found it at 11 at night pitch black finally, idk why the hell I had such I problem with it. It's full anyways and is clean, but eventually I want to drain it and get a new filter and fluid. I have a 94 sho taurus too (ax4s auto), and It needs a tranny rebuild but lucas transfix fixed the broken clutch plate from flarring and made it driveable until I can get it fixed, and it was like a night and day difference. I'm stickin with that stuff, try some. I got this 90 awd wagon for free outside of a family friend's house and it needed a 100 dollar halfshaft and a battery. It had like brand new tires on it too! Couple hundred dollars in maitenence later, and it drives mint, and now I got an exhaust and intake. It's my second car, and im 17, and I wish I just saved my money instead of the sho taurus and bought a newer legacy or some money for an sti motor for a legacy swap lol

Here's a question- If I have a highflow intake and exhaust, would my car be running lean at all with the stock computer? Do i need an aftermarket A/F controller or will the stock computer adjust fine?

Huffer
04-24-2006, 06:25 PM
should be fine - might throw a CEL if the exhaust manifold doesn't give you a spacer for the O2 sensors.

(increased flow)

Wiscon_Mark
04-24-2006, 10:32 PM
no, the MAF will just measure the increased airflow and compensate. Just reset the ECU so it can relearn the new toy you'll be adding ;)

SliWagon
04-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Newbie here, let a lone a 17 year old- How do I go about resetting the ECU, is it under the steering wheel in the side of the plastics? Is it safe?

Huffer
04-25-2006, 01:35 PM
If no alarm, just disconnect the battery for about 10mins.

SliWagon
04-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Are the valves adjustable on the ej22 or are they automatic adjusting? Sorry if a little off topic, but now I have a little valve tick with full oil and its kinda annoying. 122k on engine