PDA

View Full Version : Louie (the) C/K

Benfolio
06-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Bought this to replace my lifted BK. Quite a change, no?

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2012/08/louie1-1.jpg

Already changed some things, took off the bug shield and tail light covers, ordered some Cal-vu mirrors, doing other little odds and ends to it when time permits. Body mouldings are going bye-bye, wheels I'll probably change (at least I'll put the correct diameter tires on it), and I foresee a suspension drop in its future, among other tasty upgrades.

Always wanted one, now I have one. :smt007

Dead91silvia
06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Hey, thats almost like mine, but mine is a long box 3/4 ton... haha

Good luck with it... mine is a POS... Needs a t-case and a front diff, and has had electrical problems like a mother. On the flip side, the motor has not given me any problems (not yet) and it tows well... :grin:

Reason
06-15-2012, 12:47 PM

Good luck with it... mine is a POS... Needs a t-case and a front diff, and has had electrical problems like a mother. On the flip side, the motor has not given me any problems (not yet) and it tows well... :grin:

Typical mechanic, has a dozen cars and only one of them run lol

Benfolio
06-15-2012, 09:19 PM

That's why I got a 2WD. None of those pesky driveline issues. :wink:

All my electrics work perfect, except a rotted out tail lamp circuit board... working on that. :neutral:

Dead91silvia
06-15-2012, 09:57 PM

Hey now! 4 of my 8 cars run and drive have have tabs! HAHA!!!

All my electrics work perfect, except a rotted out tail lamp circuit board... working on that. :neutral:

Yeah, it's not just a 4x4 thing, it's just a GM thing. I have been fixing stupid things for the last 3 years.

As for the tail lights, just got buy new lights, they should come with the new light circuit board. Trust me get lights, just the boards from NAPA are like $25 for one. I got new complete lights (aftermarket) for $23 each light about 2 years ago. I can get you some if you need. They plug right in and then you have shiny new lenses also! :grin: Makes my 89 look like a 97! haha

nikolaus.conrad
06-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah, it's not just a 4x4 thing, it's just a GM thing. I have been fixing stupid things for the last 3 years.
Well there's your problem! :smt005

Benfolio
06-16-2012, 04:34 PM

Hey now! 4 of my 8 cars run and drive have have tabs! HAHA!!!

As for the tail lights, just got buy new lights, they should come with the new light circuit board. Trust me get lights, just the boards from NAPA are like $25 for one. I got new complete lights (aftermarket) for $23 each light about 2 years ago. I can get you some if you need. They plug right in and then you have shiny new lenses also! :grin: Makes my 89 look like a 97! haha

Yeah I already ordered a set from Certifit with the boards. The covers that were on them must have been there since '97, so instead of trying to sand and buff the lights so they're not faded in just the holes the covers had, I bought new ones. Will fix that pesky burnt board too.
I spent all day cleaning it out and buffing some scratches out. Its lookin' good. :smt004