PDA

View Full Version : Prospect

Canadianjerkey
08-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Hey there cool kids,

New guy here, so new in fact that I haven't even bought my Subaru yet! I've been a motorcycle two wheel mad-man for as long as I have been into vehicles, but recently I've experienced a bit of a shift. Until now I've always just driven whatever seemed convenient at the time, but now...well, now I want something reliable, versatile, and that would let me have a bit of fun on occasion... I want to get a Subie.

So I'm here to learn myself all that I can about the vehicles, problems that I may run in to, how to fix things, and pretty much just soak in everything I can about these cars. I've been looking at Gen2 Legacy/Outbacks, non turbo 2.5 Phase 2 DOHC, 5-speed (and preferably in white). So any advice will be much appreciated, I'm no stranger to taking things apart. But seriously, I have a lot to learn about these four wheeled machines! I don't even know what kind of tires would suit me! (Diablo supercorsa? Dunlop Q2? Pilot road 3? Crap no...those are all moto tires).

Personal bits and pieces - I'm a CA kid, student, working with Motion Graphics. I'm also a videographer/contractor for a well known camera company for action sports. I like making stuff, and have been a motorcycle goob for the last 5/6 years.

Cheers and nice to meet you all!

chrish8r
08-19-2012, 11:08 PM
When you started listing the tires, I was like "huh??" then it all made sense.... Welcome to the forums and you made a superb choice of where to come for the "know-how" on Legacys

lord flashheart
08-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Welcome! Good call on the subaru!

Canadianjerkey
08-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Aaaaand I got one. Hah

1999 Subaru Outback w/ that EJ25D (Head gaskets replaced at 66k). Pretty happy camper, happier once I bleed out the clutch system/possibly replace the slave cylinder! Been fading a little.

lord flashheart
08-22-2012, 05:27 PM
thats why cable clutches are so much better....... jk