PDA

View Full Version : Soda Problem

BlueMan0312
05-05-2006, 09:10 AM
I have a 99 BD. one mistake subaru made was to put the cup holders right under the a/c control. well, my soda leaks on it all the time. when the water in the soda evaporates it leaves a sticky mess of sirup... it's getting the a/c on off button stuck... How do i get it unstuck and clean up the sirup?

Huffer
05-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Use mild soap and water, and a hairdryer to dry up any excess.
Use cuetips to get into the tight spots, or remove the panel peices and do it that way.

sticky soda will breakdown with water.

ooberdoob
05-05-2006, 10:32 AM
yep.

no more soda in the car for you. your teeth will like you.

BlueMan0312
05-05-2006, 11:30 AM
i watch the soda... it's my girlfriend who does not care if it spills :evil:

blueb3
05-05-2006, 11:45 AM
get her a "sippy" cup :D

BlueMan0312
05-05-2006, 11:47 AM
i think she'd still spill it...(hope she does not see this site she'd kill me)

Superu264
05-05-2006, 02:41 PM
I had the same problem, my HVAC and radio were completely covered in dried up soda.. the radio got chucked :lol: but as for the HVAC, i took it completely apart and cleaned each individual piece with soap and warm water, now its as good as new!

BlueMan0312
05-05-2006, 02:47 PM
how do i take it apart with out killing it

Superu264
05-05-2006, 04:33 PM
the HVAC?

you need to take out the cup holders, take out the screws, then pry off the entire HVAC and vent plastic surround.. then take off the HVAC (im pretty sure its just two screws, I dont remember exactly)

When taking out the HVAC itself, there's a cable you need to take off, I took it off from the HVAC end but I hear its easier to do it from the passenger side footwell (I still go with the HVAC end :lol: )

After that its easy to take apart, just a few screws and clips and everything comes apart.. if I didn't break it I'm sure you wont.

Once I got everything apart, I took all the plastic/non electrical pieces and soaked them in warm water and soap, then scrubbed them down.

Some contact cleaner wouldn't hurt either.

**MAKE SURE everything is completely dry before you put anything back together.

Wiscon_Mark
05-07-2006, 12:46 PM
it's my girlfriend who does not care if it spills :evil:

Then tell her to respect your property. If she continues to not care, I don't think she's a very good partner for you.

losdiosdeverde86
06-01-2006, 01:22 PM
yeah..all of my cclimate control buttons stick. i have the previous owner to thank for that. she used to drink tea with honey in the car.. dumb bitch.

PetterFan
07-08-2006, 01:19 AM
yeah..all of my cclimate control buttons stick. i have the previous owner to thank for that. she used to drink tea with honey in the car.. dumb bitch.

Jeeze, last time I brought this up you defended the old lady. What did you do to fix it (if anything)?

Christopher Marks
07-08-2006, 09:23 AM
yeah..all of my cclimate control buttons stick. i have the previous owner to thank for that. she used to drink tea with honey in the car.. dumb bitch.How do you really feel? :lol:

deadlydave
07-10-2006, 11:59 AM
BlueMan0312: watch the soda... it's my girlfriend who does not care if it spills

I reccomend feeding her diet soda. If she doesn't kill you, it'll be easier to clean up :-).

Manarius
07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I reccomend feeding her diet soda. If she doesn't kill you, it'll be easier to clean up :-).Ugh. That stuff is nasty, and it's worse to clean up. Just tell her that she can't have any uncovered drinks in the car. It shouldn't be too hard of a rule to follow.

BlueMan0312
07-10-2006, 12:17 PM
well it's not that it was uncovered it's the condensation on the outside and the face that some tops leak...

oh and i broke up with the girl

Wiscon_Mark
07-10-2006, 12:37 PM
oh and i broke up with the girl

good man. That'll learn her :grin:

deadlydave
07-10-2006, 02:09 PM
definitely say the diet soda thing :smt023

losdiosdeverde86
07-11-2006, 02:53 PM

Jeeze, last time I brought this up you defended the old lady. What did you do to fix it (if anything)?

i defended her? i must've been drunk.

um...i...bitch and moan every time i push a button. that's what i did to fix it.

warrior
07-13-2006, 10:02 AM
you could always super glue the cup holder.. who needs one anyway! :lol:

Wiscon_Mark
07-18-2006, 12:01 AM
you could always super glue the cup holder.. who needs one anyway! :lol:

or sell it and put a plate in its place

BAC5.2
08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
I had a can of soda explode in the Forester. It was everywhere.

Yesterday, I simply cleaned everything up. I took apart the whole console, broke everything down, and cleaned everything with ArmorAll Dashboard cleaner wipes. Put it all back together, and while I was in there, I replaced the burned out bulbs in my HVAC unit. I decided to go red, simply because I am sick of the green. I don't mind disassembling again though if I want to change it up again.

Gauge cluster is next.

JPaul99GT
08-13-2006, 10:59 AM
that happened in my moms car.... can of pepsi + parking lot + Hot summer day = Disaster....

it was all over the windshield. it was actually quite funny when i first saw it.

"Jay, a can of pop blew up in my car"
"WHAT!?!?"
"go look", **we walk outside to the car**
"PFTTTTT , ha ha ha ha ha"
"yea i know.... clean it up......."
"............"
"thanks"

blackgtbeauty
08-13-2006, 03:12 PM
um...i...bitch and moan every time i push a button. that's what i did to fix it.

hahaha that's what i did.

"Why the hell is there soda all over my dash!?"
(obviously i know why...)

then it stopped.

MarkSubi
01-30-2010, 10:06 PM
whats funny is I think this exact thing is happening to my actual cup holder cuz at times it gets stuck and is a bitch to pull out. even after pressing the release button.

:smt024

harrymaneuvers
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
I just replaced the lights in my HVAC and had a sticky a/c button as well... i tried to clean it with water... didnt really work... the stickiness was in the actual a/c switch... the part under the blue button that slides in and out of the switch housing.

I got a small cup and sprayed some PAM in there... then got a toothpick and dipped it in the pam... then touched it to the sides so a SMALL amount came off and on the the switch. I did that on all for sides and then pushed it in and pulled it out with pliers about 10 times. Worked like a charm!

Now i dont have to tap on the ac button to try to convince it to pop out.