PDA

View Full Version : Additional forums

Reason
09-30-2012, 10:34 PM
If you were to add a forum section to SLi what would it be and why? Please also give a description.

There will be some changes made and if someone can come up with a good addition to the forum that would be used often that would be great!

harrymaneuvers
09-30-2012, 10:43 PM
"What lessons did you just learn?" - Everyone chimes in about what ever lesson they just learned. Dont give your GF your credit card. Dont reach under a running lawn mower. Read the fine print. Dont try to unhook your starter before you disconnect your battery. Ect.

"It could be worse" - Where everyone posts about their woes but also finishes the post with what would be worse than said affliction.

****Edit****

Wait... Forum Sections???

You mean like Interior & Accessories, Body & Cosmetics, Classifieds Ect?

Reason
09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Yes, it can be Legacy related or off topic. I have a few sections that will be merged, deleted and new ones will be added

amgarrety
10-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Maybe a forum for discussions about AutoX, Rally, and different races you can participate it. Not like the events forum, but more oriented toward setups, tips, and information. The only reason I say that is because it is a pretty general concept, not something you could simplify into an existing technical thread, but does involve a bit of technical information.

Also, maybe a projects forum? Like the DIY forum, except for things that aren't done yet. As you work on a project, you update it in the project forum, and when you complete it, it gets moved to the DIY. Kind of a first draft vs final version thing.

Reason
10-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Good stuff Mike

Okin DaVanh
10-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Has the old, "Regional Forums" been mentioned yet?

Reason
10-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Has the old, "Regional Forums" been mentioned yet?

We discussed it awhile back, but the feelings are mixed. Being a small forum splitting it by regions could have a negative impact. Larger forums can do this and it helps organize things a big. I think this is a topic that will be discussed sometime down the line.