PDA

View Full Version : New from MN

Threshld1
05-14-2006, 12:21 PM
hey guys i just came accross this forum from MNsubaru. Just recently picked up a 93 legacy sport sedan awd turbo. Got it cheep so its in need of a lot of work.

For now ive just put an intercooler in. TD04 to replace the very bad VF11. Up/Down pipes to TBE. But more to come once money allows.

definatly a lot more fun than my 90 integra with 290k miles on it. :-D

Wiscon_Mark
05-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi! :D

There's a midwest meet planned soonish. Check out the events forum :)

Legacy Turbos are way sweet! What intercooler did you use?

oh, and is it a 5MT?

Threshld1
05-14-2006, 01:02 PM
yeah thats actually why i signed up here. MN subaru had a post about a legacy meet and im like hey.... that would be fun.

Yeah its a 5mt :-D
Running just an 03 WRX TMIC and TD04. Done many driveline fixes, ball joints, bearings, rear calipers/pads/rotors, whiteline sway links, groupie n tranny/motor mounts, cheap sensotrac struts (old ones were totaly blown).

Still have a new door and trunk lid to repaint and put on to replace the rust/dents.

Tranny and rear diff are going to have to be repleaced as soon as money allows. A 400lb 6'2" man can break a lot of things on a car just by driving it...nearly all bearings are starting to go. Its fairly loud and likes to resonate now and again.

Wiscon_Mark
05-14-2006, 01:04 PM
yeah thats actually why i signed up here. MN subaru had a post about a legacy meet and im like hey.... that would be fun.

Well sign up on the thread! :D Yeah, that was me that posted it, I'm glad I got a hit :)

As far as all your troubles...sounds like a good oldie Subaru to me ;) Rust and stuff is just a part of the car. Damn those southerners that don't have to put up with salt!

sheepdog
05-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Welcome :)

If your gonna have to swap that trans and diff, go to 05+wrx or jdm STi 5 speed stuff :wink: