PDA

View Full Version : new to sli & subaru in NY

Durs845
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM
how you'll doing.first off you guys have the most informative site on legacy's ive seen.i recently picked up a 97 subaru legacy gt sedan awd 2.5 L as a project till i get my liscense back (hopefully soon).
the good that ive started:
kyb gr2 struts with B+G 1.4 inch drop springs (installed)
jdm projectors (installed)
fiberglass mesh grill (uninstalled)
flip flop trunk hinge (uninstalled)
the bad that i neglected to relize at purchase:
L/F c.v. shaft
P/S pump
F&R rotors&pads(wheather this falls under good or bad theyll be upgraded)
power antenna (installed)
sun visors (installed)
L/F fender moulding (uninstalled)

check it out if you get a chance at :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2337789

gil_ong81
05-15-2006, 09:40 PM
where in NY are you? or do you mean just NYC?

how'd you lose your licence?

Durs845
05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Fishkill NY.lost it for partying to much w/o a desi driver.

Wiscon_Mark
05-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Welcome.

DUIs are bad. Hope you learned your lesson.

Durs845
05-15-2006, 11:30 PM
dui's are bad.ive learned my lesson but the state most not agree untill they've sucked every last dollar out of me.

sheepdog
05-16-2006, 10:07 AM
welcome

sell that flip flop trunk hinge and get an exhaust

Durs845
05-16-2006, 01:03 PM
so you think no on the fip flop hinge???im still undecided as to use it or not.as for an exhaust that will come in the future.i have to take care of some of the other mechanics with the car first.the stock exhaust that is on it is still very solid w/o any leaks.

Wiscon_Mark
05-16-2006, 01:55 PM
What the heck is that trunk hinge??

Durs845
05-16-2006, 05:30 PM
the flip flop trunk hinge for the bd sedan allows the trunk to open up parrellel to how it sits closed.still undecided on whether or not im gonna use it.

Legacy-Version94
05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
welcome to the club...

auspex
05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Ha! I've seen this car! I've was about |---| <----- that close to buying it! You bought this through Ebay, right? I ended up buying a diff black one in Texas instead of NY...anyway..have fun! welcome!

mike

Plays_with_Toys
05-17-2006, 01:08 AM
the flip flop trunk hinge for the bd sedan allows the trunk to open up parrellel to how it sits closed.still undecided on whether or not im gonna use it.

Please don't. I guess if you're going for the showcar look, but it is not functional/practical. The few cars I've seen with such a thing look stupid when the trunk is open. The only cars that would use such a thing are the ones with people showing off their audio in the trunk.

Now your JDM lights and grill, good choices. Though you'll have to see if that grill fits your bumper. That might be a smaller L style grill.

As for the debate on painting your wheels. White wheels will look good, but don't ricify the rest with white mesh and such. Keep the mesh black, keep the mirrors black, etc... Gold wheels (especially a really dark bronze) would also look real trick on your black car.

Wiscon_Mark
05-17-2006, 08:03 AM
That grille will fit.

As for the lighting, check out the sticky in the electrical forums, it should have a "thread of note" dealing with wiring of JDM headlights. Galek_98GT was the one who figured it out, I believe.

White rims wouldn't look good on black, IMO. Go with gold, or silver to contrast the black better.

Durs845
05-17-2006, 07:05 PM
yes i did find the car through ebay.i went out there looked it over and made the guy an offer,went up a couple days later and brought it back to its new home.as for the trunk hinges ive almost made up my mind as to not use them,everyone ive talked to has had more bad comments then good.i dont know for sure what color i want to powdercoat the wheels but i was leaning more towards black then white ( the car actually is not black it is more like a really dark purple).

Wiscon_Mark
05-17-2006, 07:48 PM
a really dark purple? Subaru didn't make that color...

Durs845
05-17-2006, 08:34 PM
well i dont know but the car is not black it looks to be pupleish to me.i couldnt tell you if the car has been painted or not though, i just bought it not to long ago.i doubt it though the engine compartment is the same color as the car ill look for the color code and post it once i get a chance.

Durs845
05-17-2006, 08:44 PM
http://www.cars101.com/subaru_legacy_archive95_97.html

well as far as i can see you are correct no purple.1997 gt sedan the only color i can think it might be is black granite pearl but it still looks pupleish to me.maybe im color blind though????ill get the color code soon.

pdawg
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I have a 97 OB (the wifes) that color. It kind of looks purple depending on the light.

Reason
05-18-2006, 03:42 PM
It's not purple, the paint is black and has red flakes. Black granite pearl has the illusion of looking purple.

Wiscon_Mark
05-18-2006, 06:53 PM
It's not purple, the paint is black and has red flakes. Black granite pearl has the illusion of looking purple.

Yeah, that's what I figured.