PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Rotors

redlegacygt
04-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Has anyone ever buyed Brembo rotors off of ebay for their subaru? The seem to be alot cheaper off of there and i've seen "elite auto" have them for sale on there.. i just wasnt sure if anyone has baught some off there and had some trouble....so is it a good idea or a bad idea?

belladonna
04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
i've bought a lot of car accessories off ebay and never had any trouble. just check the seller's feedback and such...if he has a lot of negative, or neutral/negative recently, i'd say stay away. otherwise you should be fine.

Reason
04-15-2005, 03:02 AM
I heard that the cross drilled Brembos are mad from Brembo blanks and someone drills them. Then sells the rotors ascross drill Brembos. Theres a high chance of cracking. Besides cross drilled suck, get vented slotted rotors.

importlover
04-16-2005, 12:21 AM
get regular vented rotors, the cross drilled or sloted rotors will eat your brake pads like the where made of butter. get the regular vented rotors and you will be fine, the cross drilling doesnt cool the brakes enough to make the eating of the brake pads worth it. as far as ebay goes, make sure the parts are for your car and that they arent used, especially brakes (someone might just resurface them and sell them).

galek_98gt
04-16-2005, 12:57 AM
Has anyone ever buyed Brembo rotors off of ebay for their subaru? The seem to be alot cheaper off of there and i've seen "elite auto" have them for sale on there.. i just wasnt sure if anyone has baught some off there and had some trouble....so is it a good idea or a bad idea?

i have bought from that seller. the magnum cross drilled to be specific. haven't had any trouble and have had them now for about 2 months and put over 5k miles on them. blanks are just as good if not better is some cases.