PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys, it seems like its finally time

jakmobile
05-31-2006, 12:45 AM
Well to start my head gaskets finally decided to go on me. Not to mention I'm going to need a timing belt soon and my clutch is slipping, soooooooo rather then dish out the money to fix a 2.5 I figured I just go ahead and pickup a turbo'd engine:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ge=1&pp=25 (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978441&page=1&pp=25)

Who can help me with a swap and if at all possible, has a place that I can leave the car(preferrably a garage) until its finished? I know this is a lot to ask, but since i live in a condo I would have to complete it in 1 day and that sure as hell ain't happening? As Frank the Tank once said, "Who's with me??!?!?"

sheepdog
05-31-2006, 05:35 AM
That motor won't fit in the LHD car bud, sorry to break it to you. I might be able to put you in contact with another motorset for a similar price, let me make a couple calls today and I'll PM you.

Did you ever call martin over at virginia import performance?

jakmobile
05-31-2006, 05:21 PM
From what the dudes on Nasioc were telling me, it would fit, but only with a single turbo. Which motor were you referring to that you might be able to hook me up with?

sheepdog
05-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I could either find you USDM stuff or maybe JDM stuff, depending on what you would want.

The trouble you will go to to switch that engine over to a single turbo setup will not be worth it in the long run. You'll have to replace too much to go to a single turbo, you might as well just buy a single turbo motor and trans from the beginning.

What are you looking for exactly? How much do you want to swap?

jakmobile
06-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Honestly I could careless if it was USDM or JDM, but in the long run I'm looking to get around 350-375 hp after the engine has been tuned. As far as what I'm looking to swap, I want to do the engine/trans and differentials if necessary. I realize that with any swap the harness is pretty much going to have to be swapped as well. What sort of prices can your boy get?