PDA

View Full Version : getting my dash parts off so i can get a CD deck in.

woofy
06-06-2006, 11:50 AM
how do i go about getting a deck in my legacy outback. i can figure out how to get my dash parts off. any help would be cool.

Durs845
06-06-2006, 01:39 PM
on my 97 legacy i got in there by removing 2 screws from each side of cup holder to remove that.then i removed 2 screws under console lid to remove plastic cover around e-brake handle.the plastic cover around the shifter just pops/clips into place i believe (5 speed can be pulled up to the knob and placed out of the way.then there is 2 screws on the bottom of the cover ,that will allow you to take the front cover off.finally there is i think 6 screws(3 on each side,1 on each side is kinda burried) that will allow you to take the deck and storge compartment out as 1 unit.hope that helps , i could be off alittle im going by memory.

Christopher Marks
06-06-2006, 01:46 PM
I don't know what year you have, but for 95-99, you can find a great post with photos here: https://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=1651

woofy
06-06-2006, 03:17 PM
very helpfull,now all i need to do it buy a wireing harness for my new CD deck....buh. a month with out music in the car is to much to handle. soon it will all be over lol

Wiscon_Mark
06-06-2006, 11:18 PM
very helpfull,now all i need to do it buy a wireing harness for my new CD deck....buh. a month with out music in the car is to much to handle. soon it will all be over lol

I hear ya. I had to go a month with my deck on lockdown and it sucked.

blueb3
06-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Try 3 months in winter with no heat, and no music. (and no gas gauge) But hey, it was a free loaner truck.

blackgtbeauty
07-02-2006, 03:34 PM
a month with out music in the car is to much to handle.

i can't stand radio stations around here, i get sick of burning cd's, and i don't want to pay for xm right now, so mostly the music i listen to is the roar of the boxer.