PDA

View Full Version : replacement body parts

bubaru21
07-05-2006, 12:28 AM
are there any good places to get good replacement body parts or should i just dish out all my money on dealership prices.

no i didnt wreck it someone backed into me in a parkinglot no note no nothing. so im kinda screwed.

Plays_with_Toys
07-05-2006, 02:11 AM
What body panel? Ebay has tons of bumpers for legacies and outbacks. Could also pull from a junkyard. You'd just need paint. Probably a new one from ebay would be less to get sorted and painted (less smoothing and such needed before paint.

bubaru21
07-05-2006, 07:56 PM
its the right front fender, the hood, and the bumper, and the grill. a little bit of damage to all of that. not enough to cause driving problems, it just drives me nuts to see the dents, the rust, and the paint gone.

Plays_with_Toys
07-05-2006, 09:12 PM
What kind of insurance coverage do you have? If its basic, then it wouldn't get covered, but that sounds like quite a bit of cash to replace and get painted. Sorry to hear it. I hate people like that. If I see something like that, I take down the plate number of the offender, but they usually leave a note so I don't have to.

bubaru21
07-06-2006, 01:26 AM
yea basic. i found some sites on ebay that were fairly cheap, but i question if they are really any good. you get what you pay for.

BlueMan0312
07-06-2006, 07:23 AM
what parking lot did this happen in... a lot of places monitor there lots, maby it was cought on tape?

Perdue
07-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Even if it was caught on tape, good luck. The police in WV will not even do a report on a parking lot wreck unless someone is injured. It's private property and it's said that it's actually a civil matter. Getting a license plate would be the first step, but getting the required information from there, then proving it in court would be another matter.

Edit: As far as Ebay parts, I'm also weary of buying on there. I need a passenger's side fender also (at minimum), but you get what you pay for. I'd be anxious to see what part fit is like before I spend my hard earned money on them.

bubaru21
07-08-2006, 12:39 AM
is there anyone out there that has tried the ebay replacement body parts? if so speak up and tell your tale. what you will hopefully say is yes its like i bought it from the factory.

bubaru21
07-08-2006, 03:05 AM
will this fit my bd
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Suba ... otohosting (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Subaru-Legacy-BG5-Wagon-White-Fenders-w-sidemarkers_W0QQitemZ120005891922QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33644QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting)