PDA

View Full Version : H6 engine

CarpenterAWD
07-10-2006, 11:43 AM
What would it take to put the 3.0l H6 2001 outback engine into my 97 lgt? Just exploring options for engines right now and an extra 50hp or so doesn't sound to bad. Thanks for all your help.

Manarius
07-10-2006, 12:16 PM
You'd have to redo the engine harness. And I'm not sure if the EZ30 will fit the mounting brackets we have. EG33's will fit, but they're rare and wimpy.

Huffer
07-10-2006, 12:27 PM
www.linaracing.com (http://www.linaracing.com)

done it in an Impreza, it'll work, and be a tight fit.

The Outback SUS sedans (BE chassis) run with the H6 3.0L.

CarpenterAWD
07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
www.linaracing.com

done it in an Impreza, it'll work, and be a tight fit.

The Outback SUS sedans (BE chassis) run with the H6 3.0L.

Does anyone know the work involved in doing that to a legacy gt. And how would you "mate" the manual transmission to that engine?

llaprad1
07-10-2006, 04:50 PM
There's a long thread on NASIOC from a guy who has been in the process for a few years. And its still not running last I recall. Something about an OBDII issue, not sure.

I think the trans. bolts up, but there are a few unused bolt holes, IIRC.

scottzg
07-11-2006, 03:26 AM
You'd have to redo the engine harness. And I'm not sure if the EZ30 will fit the mounting brackets we have. EG33's will fit, but they're rare and wimpy.

2/3rds of this post is misinformation. :-?

Huffer
07-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know the work involved in doing that to a legacy gt. And how would you "mate" the manual transmission to that engine?

the MT should mate up, just like for linaracing.

Work involved - as you can see, from linaracing, it was mainly wire work. Everything else worked just fine, albeit with very tight tolerances.

I'd move the battery to the trunk, and maybe downsize the windscreen watertank to a smaller size just to free up some room.

The main issue is dealing with the tight tolerances. You'd probably want to use a thinner radiator, and install an oil cooler.

svxpert
08-13-2006, 04:30 PM
<<EG33's will fit, but they're rare and wimpy.>>

rare? maybe. i see alot on ebay.
wimpy? the had the most HP from any USDM Subaru engine from 1991-2004 so i'm not sure about that....

scottzg
08-14-2006, 12:46 AM
way to bump a month old thread to correct misinformation that has already been mentioned. :wink:

Manarius
08-16-2006, 11:02 PM
way to bump a month old thread to correct misinformation that has already been mentioned. :wink:How do you figure? They're low compression, take high test gas, and are rare creatures. They barely fit (physically) into Legacies and it'd be a PITA to deal with the Coil-On plug system since most NA Legacys are single coil pack systems.