PDA

View Full Version : New Fogs (used)

tjpete04
07-13-2006, 04:06 PM
I just got my fogs in the mail... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Suba ... 2402QQrdZ1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Subaru-Legacy-Wagon-BG-BG5-Fog-Lights-w-switch_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33709QQihZ004QQitemZ140003282402QQrdZ1)

I dont even know where to start when it comes to installing them. I guess when i bought them i totally forgot about the installation part and that i have no idea what i'm doin. Do I need to remove the bumper? Should my car have wires setup for the fogs already because i already noticed theres a fuse for them in the fuse box? Plays_with _toys, I know you just bought makrs fogs, if you could give me some pointers for installation that would be sweet. Thank You

Plays_with_Toys
07-13-2006, 08:23 PM
First would be cutting out the fog hole cutouts. I used my multi-tool with the serated blade. If you look right at the top of the cut out, there should be a slit already there. In the white plastic should be two holes. Now, as far as anything past that? I don't know yet. I have the relay installed from my hella's. If you don't have a fog light button, I doubt you have the wiring there.

I also have this link: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... =foglights (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872249&page=1&pp=25&highlight=foglights)

Its interesting those are considered JDM, so I guess JDM and USDM were the same for a while, but there are the completely clear fogs with the projection that are also JDM.

tjpete04
07-13-2006, 11:10 PM
thanks man, keep me posted. I don't think your links worken, but it could be my internet,

Plays_with_Toys
07-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Link works for me...? There's a subaru part number in there for some inserts that you put into the bumper beam holes. The inserts are $2 a pop. I decided to buy something at lowes. Big mistake. I bought some furniture inserts and they were too long. So they bottomed out, stripped a little and because they are too long, they stick out and made it so that the bolts are sitting too low and can be seen. I sharpied them until I can get some button head screws.

Plays_with_Toys
07-16-2006, 02:03 AM
So, when I went to install for wiring this is how I did it. Pull the grill and headlights. I put a relay on the back post of my battery tie down. Connected to the driver side turn signal is three wires, red, black, and green. Red is the parking lamps. I spliced into this as my switching means. Ran a line with a built in blade fuse to the battery, grounded to the same point that the battery grounds to (right behind the light). For powering the lamps I ran a single wire down through a hole near the driver side head light, and straight down to where the bumper beam connects. There is a tiny gap on either side of the car, so I put the wire down into the gap along the bottom of the bumper and out the gap the other side. I spliced into this power wire so that my driver side fog would have power. Behind where each headlight goes is a threaded hole into the metal. I bought some m6x1.00 x10mm long bolts and those holes are my fog light grounds. Haven't tested it yet (didn't have the proper fuses, and the skeeter's were out by the time I could install this last bit) But this setup should work.

Plays_with_Toys
07-16-2006, 02:03 AM
had an error message and reposted... turns out its a double post.

tjpete04
07-16-2006, 04:11 AM
I was originaly thinking about splicing it to the parking lights, but my fogs came with a factory switch that i would prefer to use. I was going to try and splice it to one of the power wires under the stearing column, but its very hard to identify what goes where in the frenzy of wires. I also don't know where to run the wires to the fogs from the switch. I havn't had much of a chance to look around its been really hot out all week it reached triple digits today. I'm thinking i'll get frustrasted and go your way, but if you could snap some pictures that would be sweet.

Thank you very much, you've been a lot of help