PDA

View Full Version : Door lock jammed

95legacy
08-02-2006, 08:34 PM
In my 95 sedan I can't seem to get the driver side door to lock. When I turn the key or push it down its really tough to get it to the locked position, and once its in the locked position it springs back to the unlocked position. Its not something I absolutely need fixed but I don't like not being able to leave my car many places. Any ideas as to whats causing this or how to go about fixing it?
Peace,
Kyle

Durs845
08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
on my 97 sedan with power locks/windows , i wasnt able to lock the door with the key.it turned out i had to remove the door panel and the one rod to the lock had become disconnected.the fix was as easy as just clipping the rod back in place and putting panel back on door.

deadlydave
08-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I'd agree with Durs845. Check the rods that connect the lock to the inside of the door. I had a cop(my brother) slim-jim into my car last summer, and i know there's a rod disconnected...i've been too busy to get to it.

You can pry the door panel off fairly easily, just be gentle. There is a sheet of plastic ahered to the door with some black gunk you'll have to partially remove to get to the locking mechanism.

Superu264
08-03-2006, 10:19 AM
on my 97 sedan with power locks/windows , i wasnt able to lock the door with the key.it turned out i had to remove the door panel and the one rod to the lock had become disconnected.the fix was as easy as just clipping the rod back in place and putting panel back on door.

I THOUGHT that was my problem.. turned out I needed a whole new door latch

95legacy
08-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Well I got it working to where it locks and unlocks, but I unhooked some kind of sensor or actuator to do it, it works fine and isnt showing any problems so I guess its solved for now.
Peace,
Kyle