PDA

View Full Version : StopTech BBK

wildpig
08-12-2006, 12:50 PM
HI to all Legacians here!!
I'm from Singapore, drove a 2.0GT, and i have been thinking of upgrading my brakes,which fade, after going tracking in my neighbouring country. Recently someone over in my country has been promoting STOPTECH BBK, and the price is very reasonable! . Because it's so new here, so there is no review of it's performace. I really hope that whose who have used or still using this kit to give me some honest feedback. Hope all of you can help!! THANKS!!

Perdue
08-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Stoptech is a very reputable company here stateside. A lot of Subaru owners opt for a Stoptech BBK. I've never heard any complaints.

BAC5.2
08-13-2006, 10:44 AM
I've never seen problems, other than one case of extreme noise under general driving.

I believe that problem has since been resolved. The time attack car we do work on uses Stoptech's, and that's professional competition use.

wildpig
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys!
Just like to do a little survey:
1) Stoptech $4.8 (brand new) (Front)
2) Prodrive $4.5 (used) (Front)
3) Tarox $5.1 (brand new) (Front 6 pots)
4) Brembo $4 (used) (Front&Rear Full STI kit)

Which of the above will you chose to go with? Please take into account that
this is going to fit with stock rims. For Brembo, confirm will have to spend addition cost to add spacer or change the rims. Thanks!!!

BAC5.2
08-16-2006, 12:25 AM
What stock rims?

None of those brakes will fit under 16 inch wheels, espically the Prodrives. I know for sure that there are very few 16 inch wheels that will fit the alcon calipers.

If it were me, I'd go Brembo. OEM quality, and it's a front and rear kit. Plus, it's an OE kit, so it's quiet, reliable, and parts are available from Subaru. A 2 piece floating rotor, some track pads are all you need for an extremely high performance brake system.

The Stoptech's are true race brakes. They are no joke. Noise is the only negative I hear about them, but if you are buying race brakes, you need to man up.

Alcon's are also a great brake. They are outrageously expensive, but the quality seems to be worth every penny. I haven't really heard anything but good things about them.

The Taxon's are a brand I haven't heard of. I've heard of TWR, and they make a nice 6-piston front caliper.

Since you'll need wheels for all of them, I'd get the Brembo's.

jjs316
01-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Where can you purchase big brake kits for BDs?

blackgtbeauty
01-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Boxer4Racing has some, Rallitek might, JDM and USDM 4pots are availible from most Subie swap shops.

sybir
01-03-2007, 07:09 PM
You can order Stoptechs direct from the company.

rougeben83
03-28-2007, 05:48 PM

Just to add, any bbk advertised for a GC/GD Impreza/WRX will fit Legacy's too (up to the latest BL's/BP's). The only thing that differs to the point that you can't use them are the brake lines (rear specifically).

scottzg
03-29-2007, 01:48 AM

Just to add, any bbk advertised for a GC/GD Impreza/WRX will fit Legacy's too (up to the latest BL's/BP's). The only thing that differs to the point that you can't use them are the brake lines (rear specifically).

....which shouldnt matter since most bbk's are front only. Gotta wonder about a rear bbk.

Kraziken
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM

....which shouldnt matter since most bbk's are front only. Gotta wonder about a rear bbk.

The Stoptech 328mm and 332mm kits are brake balanced and bias tested against the STI OEM Brembo Rear brakes. No BBK rears are necessary.

The front BBK kits are also considerably lighter than the OE Front Brembo brakes. The thickness of the caliper is also less, so wheel fitment is less of an issue (which is one of the reasons I will be changing).