PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the market for a new(er) legacy wagon..which one??

2deadlegs
06-06-2005, 12:53 PM
I was spending some serious time on ebay last night looking at all the subarus available. Figuring my budget, taste, and what I need my car to do I have decided on another legacy wagon. My question is which years are most mod'able? I see that they make projector headlights for the 93+ legacys so I know I don't want to go below 93. Is there a certain year(s) that were better than others as far as options, reliability goes?

I like the outback but I just don't see them as a vehicle that is sporty enough . I want a wagon because I have kids and sometimes have to haul things. I like the Legacy because they are in my price range and the lines are just so sexy.

Yes I am keeping the 90 Black LS. That is going to be my lowered, SPL monster. (check the mod list)

Tokio
06-06-2005, 03:02 PM
BG5 is the only way to go.

IMO, the bd/bg is definitely the sexiest subie ever.

if you have any doubt of that fact, look up bd/bg bodykit database.

2deadlegs
06-06-2005, 03:12 PM
You are talking french there beast..Esplain the BD/BG thing please.

Wiscon_Mark
06-06-2005, 09:15 PM
2nd gen legacy (1995-1999)=BD/BG and BK (wagon made in USA)

I'd also say the third gen legacy has quite a few parts hangin' around.

Tokio's right though, if you want bodykits or w/e Japan has a lot of wicked stuff for the 2nd gen legacies.

Tris_STi
06-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Wait, wait, wait.. you guys like a car for it's modding potential, not it's current state? Wouldn't that make it a pos to begin with, then?
Oh, and 'sexy lines', and 'body kits' don't flow well together. Stock or riced, pick one already.

Tokio
06-07-2005, 03:32 PM
theres no way any gen 1 could stand up to a gen II...riced out or not.

...s'not gonna happen...lol

and for that matter, ive yet to see a gen 1 with any bodykit that looked halfway nice. you just cant beat a gen II.

Tris_STi
06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
To each his own, Jesse. :D

2deadlegs - There's no projectors for the '93. Legacies didn't get factory projectors until '95 and later. FWIW, '93 wasn't the best year.. kinda in between, ya know?

Tokio
06-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Man!! i have GOT to get a hold on my ranting!!

yes, to each his own.... i still think every model of legacy has been way more badass than its gen-specific siblings.

...and the gen I is responsible for getting subaru into rallying...and, thus the whole subaru performance movement.

Tris_STi
06-07-2005, 03:45 PM
It's all chill, brother. When you gonna reply to my PM? We're not arguing/flaming/whatever.. at least, I don't see it like that. Let your hair down already and join the fesitivities.

..and yes, you never woulda thought McRae won so many rallies in a Legacy, with its unpopularity..