PDA

View Full Version : Slow windows

no1subarufan
08-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Is it just mine or are all subaru power windows slow? My friend has a GL-10 and they are nowhere near as slow as mine. Is there anything I can do to make them go faster. If I try and do all four at the same they get stuck about 3/4 the way up.

Wiscon_Mark
08-17-2006, 09:15 PM
They are slow, but I've never had them get stuck. Sounds like your battery is feeling the strain. Need a new battery, maybe?

no1subarufan
08-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I think my battery is fine. Are there any places that need lubing inside a window assembly. They do strain though like there might be some resistance.

Wiscon_Mark
08-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Probably not, but it's easy enough to take all the door paneling off and look for rubbing spots. I would more likely guess that it's the motor or a power delivery failure.

no1subarufan
08-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow.

badbasser98
08-17-2006, 10:09 PM
note that there is a lot of force on the window as well when the door is closed since it has to press against the seal hard enough to actaully make a seal. If you open the door and put the window up it goes up a lot easier. Mine also works better if the car is running.

blackgtbeauty
08-18-2006, 12:48 AM
i agree the seal makes it difficult for the glass.

also correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the fact that subie winders are frameless too is a factor, nothing to guide them up maybe...

Huffer
08-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Most Subaru window motors are slower when the engine is off.
If it takes more than 8secs to go from full down to full up, with the engine off, your window motor might be on the way out.
Either that, or you have something sucking the juice.

Engine on, the windows should be reasonably rapid - if you count 5 secs then there's a problem.