PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys!

josh2.5
08-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Hey guys my names Josh just joined up and drive an 01 Subaru Liberty RX2.5.

Only had it a few months and nothing has changed on it yet but will start on the build hopefully march next year.

Got a few things up my sleeve but money and time are gonna be the big factors as im sure you all know.

Anyways im from the Sunshine Coast in Qld, Australia and work as an account manager for Ricoh.

Thanks alot guys

Josh

Wiscon_Mark
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the site!

What does the RX2.5 entail? Just an EJ25? Pretty much like a GT in the US?

josh2.5
08-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Its an EJ25 but its naturally aspirated unfortunatly. Im guessin the GT over there is turbo? Firt thing on my big list of things to do is recitify that little problem.

Im really hoping to build this into a track/show car so i can get the best of both worlds.

Anyways heres a few pics I took a few a little while back now. Nothing special camera and dont know the first thing about photography but im pretty happy with em... they just need abit more light in em.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/jatee/pic6.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/jatee/pic4.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/jatee/pic1.jpg

JKirk
08-23-2006, 07:37 PM
That looks sweet, man, what you got in mind? :)

blackgtbeauty
08-23-2006, 08:08 PM
give me your car, asap buddy!

Huffer
08-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Its an EJ25 but its naturally aspirated unfortunatly. Im guessin the GT over there is turbo? Firt thing on my big list of things to do is recitify that little problem.

The USDM GT is normally aspirated - same as yours.

Don't bother swapping - you should be able to get the single turbo GT or the twin RSK. You're in Australia, so getting ahold of a low-mileage import shouldn't be as tough as turbo'ing an NA car.

If you want to turn your car into a track machine, you need to change chassis' - there's a reason the BE's were never used in a track attack - they're as heavy as sin! The BD chassis Legacy GT with the single turbo is a better fit - particularly if you scavenge an STi turbo for parts. Fit some 02+ WRX suspension and shazamm!

SilentRacer
08-23-2006, 08:48 PM
yey another BE :smt023

josh2.5
08-27-2006, 04:19 AM

The USDM GT is normally aspirated - same as yours.

Don't bother swapping - you should be able to get the single turbo GT or the twin RSK. You're in Australia, so getting ahold of a low-mileage import shouldn't be as tough as turbo'ing an NA car.

If you want to turn your car into a track machine, you need to change chassis' - there's a reason the BE's were never used in a track attack - they're as heavy as sin! The BD chassis Legacy GT with the single turbo is a better fit - particularly if you scavenge an STi turbo for parts. Fit some 02+ WRX suspension and shazamm!

oh thats great help very handy to know for the future so cheers for that.

plans at this stage are a set of BBS Rims, STI Spoiler, new suspension and an engine conversion. then probably look at brakes and then interior

anyways thanks for the welcome guys!