PDA

View Full Version : Praxis Air Suspension

pitten
08-25-2006, 09:02 PM
you guys,

has anyone of you ever thought about putting a 02 WRX "Praxis Adjustable Suspension" on the pre-2000 legacy???
I just googled air suspension options, since I really would like to have remote height control, without having to get out of the car and adjust the coilovers..
seems like they a pretty rare though, but I saw them used for ~$1500, new ~4000 ;)
anyone who has more info to share?

http://www.praxissystems.com/
http://www.subdriven.com/news/publish/Features/article_261.shtml

Huffer
08-26-2006, 09:51 AM
The Praxis guys are located about 40miles from me, they test the suspension year round (in the winter also). They are great if you need info directly from them.

I considered it, until I realised I'd be putting suspension on the car that was half the price of the shell. :lol:

The entire system will likely fit, bar some of the usual "this area's a different shape" stuff. The key thing will be the locating of the air pump reservoir in the trunk.

If you have a good shop (and Praxis can recommend you local places) it should be a no brainer install. The whole system looks very simple.

It'd be kind of cool to be able to hop in the car, and prior to getting on the freeway hit the "track" button and drop the height of the car down to improve aerodynamics. Firming up the suspension is still done manually however...

AussieDan
08-28-2006, 07:28 PM
I thought this was pretty cool myself, but when you get down to it there are a few major problems with the setup.

The biggest issue is that your alignment settings will change as you alter the height of the suspension, so unless the car is at the height it was aligned at something will be off (camber mostly).

Other than that, I remember reading a review in SCC which had less than favourable things to say about them for use on the track, though for street/spirited driving I'm sure they would be great.

The aforementioned inability to adjust the damper settings on the fly (you have to manually turn a knob on each strut iirc) means that you'll most likely also need to stop and tweak them if you want the car to handle properly at different ride heights.