PDA

View Full Version : NU - B - With car delma's

RedSLI
09-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey everyone I am new to the SLI world. I must say that it is nice to see that their is a world for Legacy Lovers.

Here's my story - I bought a 1991 Subaru Legacy AWD 5 spd manual wagon (for $200 and nothing was wrong with it either) with hopes to turn it into this bad a$$ sleeper. But the tuning shop that was doing the work said with all the work being done, the money spent would be best put to buying a wagon with alot more power to build up from. So we put the project on hold. Did I mention that I bought the car 8/12/06 (at an auction).

So today I go to the auction to pick up my title (for the car I'm going to sale - On sale now for Only $1250.00 :). Only to see a 1999 red legacy wagon automatic gt 2.5 looking bad. I ask whats the owner looking to sell for they say the owner wants $4500 (no way am I gonna pay that) so I check out the car it runs beautiful - now the downside it is said that the car has a bent frame. Looking at the car the frame doesn't look bent at all. It looks like it was in a rear end fender bender. The bumper is still intact there's a slight dent in the wagons rear hatch but this it.

I ask you legacy gods do you think its worth the buy?

blackgtbeauty
09-09-2006, 10:52 PM
i thought frame-bendage was a thing of the past and not an issue w/ unibody's?

96legwag
09-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Unfortunately, you can still twist up the unibody, good news is that most can be straightened to as good as factory with relative ease. 4500 is definately WAYYYYYYY too much for a twisted 99 GT, you dont know what else got hurt. Save your money, in my opinion.

Huffer
09-12-2006, 10:29 AM
see a 1999 red legacy wagon automatic gt 2.5 looking bad. I ask whats the owner looking to sell for they say the owner wants $4500 (no way am I gonna pay that) so I check out the car it runs beautiful - now the downside it is said that the car has a bent frame. Looking at the car the frame doesn't look bent at all. It looks like it was in a rear end fender bender. The bumper is still intact there's a slight dent in the wagons rear hatch but this it.

I ask you legacy gods do you think its worth the buy?

i can get $6k for a 99 wagon with 50,000miles, undamaged.
I'll take undamaged over damaged any day, any car. Damaged cars never get put back in the same shape. There's always something iffy about them.

RedSLI
09-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks so much guys. I guess I will keep lookin' :shock: .