PDA

View Full Version : What would you choose?

The Korean
09-11-2006, 02:15 PM
KYB AGX's or KYB GR-2's

That is the question... I'm planning on buying some Whilteline Control Springs, but am not really sure what to do for struts... The wagon will be used as a daily driver and on weekends be a "free spirited" car aka curvy mountain roads. I more than likely won't track it... well maybe once or twice, but not a lot. Im thinking AGX's because of the adjustability, but the GR-2's are quite a bit cheaper. How do the GR-2's feel? Will I notice a big difference between GR-2's and say stock? What do you all think?

Huffer
09-11-2006, 03:12 PM
GR-2s are OEM replacement, though being made by KYB and not being released direct from manufacturer, they are likely to be a little stiffer than OEM-spec.

The AGX's will be stiffer again, but with adjustability.

Most people set up the AGX struts and then dial them in, and then never bother to touch them again, unless they auto-x.

Plays_with_Toys
09-11-2006, 04:27 PM
I didn't think there were AGX's available for the legacys? I thought they were an impreza item.

Huffer
09-11-2006, 04:56 PM
I didn't think there were AGX's available for the legacys? I thought they were an impreza item.

There aren't - but everyone knows you can use them with the right tophats/springs.

Wiscon_Mark
09-12-2006, 12:08 AM

right, but they work, as Huffer said.

Personally, if I had the dough, I'd go with AGXs, but GR-2s are an improvement over stock, and can be had for 220 shipped on ebay.

scottzg
09-12-2006, 03:15 AM
KYB makes the oem sube struts.

I vote for no aftermarket springs and agx's. You can control the character (and to a lesser extent, stiffness) of the car with the agx's. Since cranking the knob increases compression as well as rebound, they're not really meant to go on aftermarket springs.

Imo aftermarket lowering springs do little for the car but make it look low.

Huffer
09-12-2006, 10:35 AM
KYB makes the oem sube struts.

yep, but I'm betting their GR-2 spec is stiffer than the items they make specifically for the manufacturer.

Eibach make Prodrive springs - but you can't order Prodrive spec from Eibach - at least not for the same price as what you would buy from Prodrive directly.

KYB also make the STi struts too, but you can't buy the pinks from KYB, you have to buy them from STi/Subaru (or a 3rd-party dealer).

subieyacht
09-13-2006, 02:45 AM
As much as i love agx's, for your aplication im voting gr2's :grin:

scottzg
09-13-2006, 04:28 AM
gr2s are 15% stiffer than oem, or same as 1 click from full soft on agx's.

xcntrk75
09-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I've ran both GR2's and AGX's with the WL control springs. The AGX's, although adjustable, are far stiffer then the GR2's. Even on their lowest setting, are still slightly stiffer then the GR2's.

Personally I like the AGX's cuz I need the stiffness, but for daily driving they would probably drive me crazy...

The Korean
09-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Thanx for the replies...:)

Will I notice a difference between teh AGX's and GR-2's? I want a pretty stiff ride with great handling.

Huffer
09-13-2006, 02:41 PM
I've ran both GR2's and AGX's with the WL control springs. The AGX's, although adjustable, are far stiffer then the GR2's. Even on their lowest setting, are still slightly stiffer then the GR2's.

The Korean
09-13-2006, 08:32 PM

Oops I was just testing you to see if you knew that was posted... :roll:

Huffer
09-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok then - you'll only notice a difference if you have a beating heart, and are not paralysed.

Happy?

Wiscon_Mark
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Ok then - you'll only notice a difference if you have a beating heart, and are not paralysed.

Happy?

I think he was rolling his eyes at himself Huffer, don't get too offended, even though SLi has been seeing a lot of repetitiveness.

I think he was rolling his eyes at himself Huffer, don't get too offended, even though SLi has been seeing a lot of repetitiveness.

Okay, I'll stop now :lol:

Huffer
09-13-2006, 10:04 PM
:lol:

The Korean
09-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Huffer it was a joke... j-o-k-e...;)

So then if I go with the AGX's the only thing I need to do is swap out the rear top hats... correct?

subieyacht
09-15-2006, 02:34 PM
legacy springs and top hats, gc struts. thats it.