PDA

View Full Version : Hey all...

ryu_haneda
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Hello there!

Just wanted to say hi. Looking forward to making the most of this forum and the most of my '98 Legacy GT. Enough talk, check out the pics!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/ryu_haneda/greenfrontquarter.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/ryu_haneda/greenfront.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/ryu_haneda/greenback.jpg

That being said, I can't wait to get my hands dirty fixing this thing up. My wife is taking care of the exterior care (she likes washing and waxing cars, and really has taken a shine to this Subaru - no pun intended). I am going to work on keeping the internals running nicely.

God bless you all. Later!

JKirk
09-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Welcome to SL-i! Looking good. :cool:

badbasser98
09-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Welcome to SLi, love the green!

phi11
09-11-2006, 10:59 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiscon_Mark
09-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey you! :smt093

Welcome :grin:

Huffer
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
"HADOOOOKEN!"

Welcome!

blackgtbeauty
09-12-2006, 12:45 PM
"HADOOOOKEN!"

:grin: :grin: :grin:

clean car, nice find.

phi11
09-12-2006, 01:29 PM
it's weird to think that only a year ago,
my car look just like that.

how time flys.

(I forgot to say welcome.)

welcome.
stay awhile..........stay forever!

ryu_haneda
09-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the compliments all...

The car came with new tires, brakes, rotors, sparkplugs, and I think new distributor wires as well. I'm looking forward to maintaining the car (M-A-Y-B-E doing a WRX swap in the future if gas doesn't become prohibitively expensive, and my EJ25 phase 1 holds out long enough... but to be honest with you, if I learn how to replace head gaskets myself I might just keep the EJ series. It just sounds and feels so balanced).

Looking forward to meeting up at some point with you folks! This month is a wash because of busyness in my life, plus I'm celebrating my 5-year wedding anniversary to my wife on September 22 (our ceremony will be on Saturday the 23rd). After that, she and I will be leaving Sunday morning for Niagra Falls Ontario to spend time up there. I've never been up there and I look forward to taking in the sights, but I also really look forward to taking this car on a road trip.

The gt is SURPRISINGLY comfortable for distance driving, and the cruise control on this thing is fantastic. The one thing I really like about the car is how the automatic transmission lets me downshift into third gear when I want a little extra passing punch on the highway, and the engine note sounds absolutely amazing.

Later!
-ryu_haneda
-is it snowing yet?

EDIT: I've been something of a lurker on NASIOC boards for a while, but this site and LegacyGT.com are making me come out of my shell. I'll say it again - you guys rock and I cannot wait for the next opportunity I have to meet up with you. Later!

Huffer
09-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Niagra eh? gilong81 is up that way... and bgwagon lives over the border.
I'm about 3hrs from Niagra.

Congrats on the anniversary too - I will be marrying my girl in April 07.

warrior
09-13-2006, 08:08 AM
woohooo! green like mine!

You'll love it more than a fat kid loves cake :razz:

BlueMan0312
09-13-2006, 08:16 AM
After that, she and I will be leaving Sunday morning for Niagra Falls Ontario to spend time up there. I've never been up there and I look forward to taking in the sights, but I also really look forward to taking this car on a road trip.

Niagra Falls is amazing... my family and i took a road trip up from CT a few years a go... that was in my dad's 99 Outback Limited with the Doule Sun roofs :smile: (damn i wish we had not sold that car... at least i have mine...)

Oh, Welcome

ryu_haneda
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Any particularly interesting roads I should be checking out up there? When I go up to NF, I'll be driving up I-81 to route 17 and then breaking off to I-390 and a couple of other major highways.

I might decide to go back to New York by way of Rochester and Syracuse if the cities have some good stuff to 'em. What do you guys say?

-ryu_haneda
-might go clean up my engine tonight

Huffer
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Allegany State Park is pretty awesome - but that's in PA.

Umm...try checking out Google Map or Google Earth - there are some excellent routes that show up - twisting through parks and forests...

gil_ong81
09-13-2006, 08:26 PM
your best bet is actually to take 81 to 90 and then onto 290 to niagara falls.

ryu_haneda
09-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey gil, thanks for the tip... appreciate it. It sounds a bit longer that way though... is it actually faster? (I happen to like fast :D)

gil_ong81
09-14-2006, 08:19 AM
definitely faster.

with 17 and other such roads, you are limited to 55. going through all the little towns make it more scenic, but you lose lost of time with lower speed limits, stoplights, school zones..... you get the picture.