PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO (F+R SPEAKERS)

02LGT
09-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I have a question to those who have installed speakers on their BE's.
I am planning to purchase Polk db650 from crutchfield...i know crutchfield is very well known for their service and their reliability cuz i agree myself. When i select my car and compare the fitment of these things...it says it will fit the rear and it does not indicate that it will fit the front. I E-mailed the crutchfield solution for tech support and the person wrote back saying it will fit the front also. I would like to get a feedback to see if this is true or not. I've read the reviews and someone who owns a forester had replaced all 4 speakers. do we have same size speakers? Also, I would like to hear some feed backs on sound quality about this speaker from an actual owner or whoever experienced these. Anyways Thank you very much.

Again, the speakers that i am talking about is Polk db650 from crutchfield.com I've tried to link it but it had an error. sorry.

Wiscon_Mark
09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
I found they were full of shit as far as fitment goes on my Legacy as well. Mine is 6.5" front and rear, FWIW, I doubt it got changed on the BE.

Open up the door panels and measure. Usually 5.25" and 6.5" speakers have the same mounting, at least in my experience, because my 5.25" speakers fit on the stock mounting brackets, as do my 6.5" polks.

02LGT
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks Mark with the QUICKNESS...

any BE owners with feedbacks on the fitment?

Huffer
09-12-2006, 05:15 PM
+1 for opening up the doors - you're going to do it eventually, might as well get used to it.

While you're there, measure the depth from the speaker face to the outer door skin with the window down. That'll tell you the maximum dimension of the cone + magnet that you can run.

I ran some 6.5" Alpine's that had a 4" magnet. Had to literally stretch the doorskins on because of the spacer I had to use.