PDA

View Full Version : Interchangability between models and years?

2deadlegs
06-10-2005, 12:24 PM
My new 90 wagon has an issue with one of the struts in the rear so I am just going to replace them all. If I wanted to stick with OEM what will bolt on from other models/years?

I am looking for direct bolt on with no mod.

gator gt
06-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I think you can fit GC (93-01 Impreza) suspension under your car just fine.

Here is one example:

92+ jdm Impreza STI hardened strut tops
94 US Impreza Spring plates and rubber spring seats
KYB AGX intended for the Impreza/Legacy

on a 1990 Legacy.

Someone else swapped out 99 RS takeoffs onto their 94 Legacy. Just take everything in assemblies from one car to another and you should be set.

The spring & strut dampening rates may not be the best for the BC/BF, but it will bolt on. You may want to look at a stiffer aftermarket setup.

You should also be able to fit KYB AGX's under their. If there is no listing for your yr wagon, go with GC options.

HTH,
GGT

2deadlegs
06-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks gator

driftskeetka24e
01-11-2007, 02:56 AM
I know this is an old post but better to refresh something than post new.

So a 93-01 impreze or GC strut bars will fit on my 92 Wagon? Along with all other suspension

scottzg
01-11-2007, 03:50 PM
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=2153

driftskeetka24e
01-12-2007, 03:31 PM
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=2153

I dont understand that and doesnt look like it is talkin about strut tower bars there

also what suspension set up will work on my wagon to raise it 92 legacy L wagon awd

i can't find anything specific or anyone that has done it

Huffer
01-12-2007, 05:20 PM
also what suspension set up will work on my wagon to raise it 92 legacy L wagon awd

i can't find anything specific or anyone that has done it

Are you kidding? There should be tonnes of posts on USMB.net about raising a BC wagon - I would imagine that if RS suspension will go on a BC sedan, that BD Outback suspension will slap into your L. Maybe a little finagling with top hats or swapping sides on the rear, but Subarus are like legos.

Sometimes you trim a bit to make it fit. ;)

scottzg
01-12-2007, 11:48 PM
I know this is an old post but better to refresh something than post new.

So a 93-01 impreze or GC strut bars will fit on my 92 Wagon? Along with all other suspension
yes

for other suspension bits, theres a few interchangeability issues which are ironed out in the link. Yes, you have to think a little bit.