PDA

View Full Version : Will a GC or GD rear strut bar fit 99 Legacy?

blackgtbeauty
09-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Will a GC or GD rear strut bar fit 99 Legacy?

blackgtbeauty
10-01-2006, 04:24 PM
:?:

AussieDan
10-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Hmm, it may. I know the tophat bolt patterns are the same, but I have no idea whether the distance between the strut towers is the same.

Once of these days I'll get around to fitting the wrx rear stb I have in the garage, but today is not that day.

blackgtbeauty
10-01-2006, 11:32 PM
bump for rewording of question...

scottzg
10-02-2006, 03:02 AM
the distance between the towers and the tophats are the same, but who cares? The sedan has a huuuuuge chunk of metal connecting the strut towers anyway.

Wiscon_Mark
10-02-2006, 09:43 AM
It doesn't do much on a sedan...on a wagon, however...

blackgtbeauty
10-02-2006, 11:39 AM
the distance between the towers and the tophats are the same, but who cares? The sedan has a huuuuuge chunk of metal connecting the strut towers anyway.

it's not that important to me, i found a cusco one that would match my jdm cf front one, so i figured i'd have a matching rear one.

good to know it'll fit! :grin:

scottzg
10-02-2006, 12:48 PM
good to know it'll fit! :grin:

thats not what i said. I didn't say it doesnt fit either though.

blackgtbeauty
10-02-2006, 09:45 PM
whatever, i'll wait till AussieDan tries his wrx one and if it fits great, i'll get one.

if not, oh well.

AussieDan
12-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I had to pull the seats out to fix my rear defogger today, so I thought I'd try installing the WRX strut tower bar.

The verdict? A perfect fit.

The only modification I had to make was to slightly enlarge the holes in the sheetmetal where the brackets pass through into the trunk area. I did this by making a small cut at the top and bottom of the hole then bending the excess inwards, my understanding is that this is the same with strut tower bars designed for the BD.

To recap, the GD rear mounting points are identical to the BD, same orientation and spacing, GC rear mounting points are totally different.

In the front GC is a match for the BD, GD is different.

Wiscon_Mark
12-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Hmmm...I would think that applys to my wagon as well, but I'm not sure.

LunchBox04V
12-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I have a 99 Wagon (BK), and I tried the GC rear Whiteline bar on it and it was a no go! The bolt pattern is different from the bar to the top hats. I was initially going to put it on my BC, but my ***hole friend took the car without asking, got drunk and ran it into a tree. The BK replaced it, but the bar would no longer fit. It did fit on the BC with a little modfication to the area inside of the top hats.