PDA

View Full Version : Why hello there.

LeeLee D
10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey guys,

My name is Lee and Im from Vancouver, BC. Just got my Legacy back in August and Im loving it. :)

Shes a 98 2.5GT LTD @ 127k kilometers. Had to do alittle work to it (ie:Cam seals, Valve Covers, Front Seal replacement. Water pump and timing belt.)

Still needs alot of modding. So far I just have a WR Secret Weapon and a Magnoflow Highflow muffler(this one has to go lol)

Some pics :)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2452000-2452999/2452767_3_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2452000-2452999/2452767_1_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2452000-2452999/2452767_2_full.jpg

pdawg
10-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Welcome :lol:

warrior
10-05-2006, 05:36 PM
holy sweet jesus! That's JUST like my Legacy and I'm in Canada too!

Clean engine bay.. wow, I can't wait to spend a whole day cleaning, waxing, shampooing my car this weekend :cool:

Plays_with_Toys
10-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome! Looking good! What kind of plans do you have for it?

LeeLee D
10-06-2006, 01:26 AM
Welcome! Looking good! What kind of plans do you have for it?

Current Plans Are,

Exhaust:
Borla Header(Buying it on Saturday)
Stromung 2.25" Hi Flow Cat
Stromung 2.25" Cat-Back

Suspension:

After Reading the threads here Ive decided to go with KYB GR 2 + H&R

Intake:

Ill probably keep the intake, but I need to get a cold air box for it.

Body:

Grill(Probably a DIY one)
JDM lights
NEW PAINT!(I dont like the Green lol)

Still need to look into what 17s' i want to get. Im thinking Deep Dish Chrome and Black Webspoked ones(Same design as the stock rims)

MISC Stuff:

New Carpet(Found a place online to order New Molded floor carpet)
Grounding Kit.
whatever else

What do you guys suggest? :)

shazapple
10-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Welcome! My name is Lee as well, except in on the other side of canada!

Plays_with_Toys
10-06-2006, 01:54 AM
grounding mod is really nice. Especially if you have a stereo/ upgraded speakers. It'll stabilize your idle and probably brighten your lights and make the AC switching on/off less apparent.

Door cards are an easy DIY. In fact, just check the DIY forums, lots of ideas there. As for the green, a paint job is quite expensive. With the age of most of our cars, a paint job would be almost half the cost of the car initially. Maybe tint, color matched side skirts/front lip, and JDM tails would change your mind on color. Or maybe a carbon fiber hood?

Kartboy short shifter is another feel good mod. Maybe new swaybar endlinks to stiffen it up? Steering rack bushings from whiteline are supposed to do wonders to your steering response, for aged cars anyway. People with less than 30k miles or so report no real change, but with more miles than that, most have cracked and worn bushings, which allows for slop.

LeeLee D
10-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Kartboy short shifter is another feel good mod. Maybe new swaybar endlinks to stiffen it up? Steering rack bushings from whiteline are supposed to do wonders to your steering response, for aged cars anyway. People with less than 30k miles or so report no real change, but with more miles than that, most have cracked and worn bushings, which allows for slop.

I cant reply by pressing reply so i have to quote you lol.

I have Grey Leather Interior.

As for paint. My friend paints cars so I can get it painted reasonably priced.

My steering right now is so, touchy, that my car hugs any and every dip or rut in the pavement. The Alignment is fine but the second I hit a truck route my car goes nutter lol.

Right now Im running an Alpine Head Unit, with 4 Alpine Type R 6 1/2s and a JL 10 running off an Ultimate 5 Channel 860watt amp. Lights only dim alittle but I do have some Electrical noise issues to deal with

Wiscon_Mark
10-06-2006, 10:31 AM
You can't use the reply button?

What forum skin are you using?

Welcome to the site, and very nice Legacy :cool:

Reason
10-06-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm going to tell you this. Don't waste your money on that mod list. I have most of the stuff you want, and it's not worth the money. I fi could I would do cams first or just save for a WRX engine swap. You will be more pleased with the results, trust me..

d1giPhux
10-06-2006, 06:45 PM
You should add a perrin lightweight crank pulley to that list! A good mod, for a cheap price.. and very easy to install.

LeeLee D
10-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Im not looking to make a track car lol...I forgot to add a pully to that list, I am planning on it...I dont need crazy ponies. I just want a car that looks nice, pulls better and sounds like a subie should :)

Reason
10-06-2006, 10:40 PM
So you think a WRX is a track car? lol And cams won't give you crazyass power. I'm just saying for the money you are better off.You are going to do all that stuff, and want to race your buddy with a civic and he smokes you with his intake and eBay muffler. You asked for advice, I'm just giving you my 2 cents.

LeeLee D
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
lol Im saying for me, as a daily driver, I dont need to do engine swaps. Man I wish I could. That would be nuts. Its hard for me to find parts in Vancouver and shipping from the states is a major PITA