View Full Version : Help Guys Please

10-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Problems with the Leg!

Just got home from school for the weekend, go to start up the car and nothing. I figure it's a dead battery so I drive up Bubaru #2 to jump it. Jumper cables on, let the battery charge for a bit, turned the key > nothing. At first I was thinkin dead battery... but the more I thought about it, it didn't make sense. Even with the jumpers attached, I had no power. I tried turning some lights on with the jumper cables on and I still had no power.... My next thought was > doing something wrong with jumpers (as if there are too many things you can do wrong)... but I checked my capacitor (on the same circuit) and it was reading 13v. So I'm pretty sure the battery has power, but nothing on my cars circuit is getting any power...

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

10-07-2006, 01:06 AM
check any of the fuses? I assume the cap is directly attached to the battery (while everything else in the car is wired through the fuse box)

10-07-2006, 01:12 AM
I checked the fuses but do you think that all of the fuses would blow..? I mean, all of the lights were dead, when I turned the key I got no power to anything in the console, no start, no anything :(

10-07-2006, 01:51 AM
I know it's stupid but did you check the conections on the battery... are the connecters on the terminals all the way?....Cells have enough water in them?

That's all i could think of

slightly tipsy, sorry for the misspellings

10-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Others have had a problem with the main wiring going into the fusebox being loose.

Id bust out the Multimeter and poke around

10-07-2006, 03:48 PM
....Cells have enough water in them?

you mean acid right? :shock:

10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
so i figured out the problem...

turns out my aftermarket alarm is designed to disable the entire cars power system when it is not connected.... go figure, right?

Well at least it is fixed now. Thanks for teh helpzorz