PDA

View Full Version : 2 Window related problems

LeeLee D
10-14-2006, 11:22 PM
My Drivers side Auto PW works, but then it keeps working. Every 10 secs or so it will send the window up a tick then back down a tick, over and over until i put the window up alittle.....

The other problem is with my sunroof. When im closing my sunroof it stops halfway and then i have to take my finger off the switch then back on again to close it the rest of the way

Wiscon_Mark
10-14-2006, 11:29 PM
corrosion in a connection?
Fuse starting to go?

That's where I would start. Switches might be bad too.

96legwag
10-14-2006, 11:49 PM
My window did the same thing, also my power antenna, but not my sunroof. I (being lazy that day...) sprayed contact cleaner into each of the motors and the problem went away immediately. Or else it was chance, but hasn't happened since. There may be an encoder that tells the window (and roof) when to stop that isn't reading properly and the cleaner takes care of it. I didn't look into it since they started working.

warrior
10-15-2006, 09:39 AM
The other problem is with my sunroof. When im closing my sunroof it stops halfway and then i have to take my finger off the switch then back on again to close it the rest of the way

Mine does that too.. I was told it's a feature because some people want it only open half way :-?

Wiscon_Mark
10-15-2006, 09:40 AM
when you're closing it?!

I don't think so...

Christopher Marks
10-15-2006, 11:03 AM
warrior is right. Mine does it, they all do it.

Wiscon_Mark
10-15-2006, 11:14 AM
That's a really weird feature. I'd figure it'd do that when you're opening it, not closing it.

pdawg
10-15-2006, 12:04 PM
I heard that was a safty feature. so you don't close your head in there. :grin:

badbasser98
10-15-2006, 01:16 PM
my moon roof does the same thing. Opens fully, then closes halfway untill you release the button and press it again. Note, this is only when retracting it into the roof, not tiliting it up or down.

Huffer
10-15-2006, 10:53 PM
+1 for the moonroof thing. I think it's kinda cool, but sometimes I just wish I could hit a switch and have it close automatically.

Wiscon_Mark
10-15-2006, 11:41 PM
I think it should just a simple safety feature- you have to hold the button down to close it. Simple enough, just like the power windows...

STZYGT
10-18-2006, 11:51 PM
as far as your window goes, i have had jeeps in my shop that the windown will roll up a bit, stop then you wait a minute it will do a lil more. I replaced the whole assembly (as they come) and it fixed it. I think it was some either corroded or worn sections on the motor's armature brush sections. Sun roof like eveyone says its just a function. But as far as the window goes i would take the door pannel off and gain access to the motor, unplug it and with a test light on the power contact activate the window. If there is constant voltage (light on) then its in the motor If not start checking wiring... oh yeah check for a loose ground that may cause a intermitent operation