PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Legacy Owner

PatH
10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi there,

I just purchased a new (to me) 1993 Legacy this morning to replace my dieing pickup. Being new to the Subaru scene, I felt it prudent to do some searching and came across this forum. I've been lurking around for the past hour or two and it seems like there is a very good knowledge base on these cars here.

Anyways, I look forward to participating in this forum and meeting (at least online) all of you!

-Pat

warrior
10-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Welcome Pat! Always a pleasure to meet new people :cool:

badbasser98
10-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi Pat, welcome to SLi :wink:

We have a fair amount in info here and we are continuously adding to it, and adding members almost daily. Welcome aboard, and don't be afraid to ask! If you think its a stupid question, its not and we've likely heard it before and would more than happy to assist you.

-BB98

Wiscon_Mark
10-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Welcome!

Have a look around at places like SLi 101 and the DIY forums first, there's lots of learning to be had, then hit us up with questions, or just hang out here, it's all cool :cool:

Huffer
10-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Welcome!

sheepdog
10-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Welcome. As they said, don't be afraid to ask questions. Worst case we give you a link to somewhere its been answered already ;)

SacSubie
10-20-2006, 11:11 AM
welcome! Im new around here too! you will love it i almost feel at home already!

d1giPhux
10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the subaru world! Hopefully you enjoy your new car!! Post some pics up sometime if you get a chance! :grin:

PatH
10-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I certainly am enjoying my new Subaru, I have to say that these cars are simply amazing, living in OR it's often pretty rainy, and I'm very surprised at the speed I'm able to carry through corners. Gotta love AWD! I'll get some pics up as soon as I wash her, she should look her best after all :D.

I do have one question, How hard is it to change the DS valve cover gasket. It looks to be fairly simple, just remove 3 bolts and slide it out. I think it needs to be replaced since there's an oil leak on the side, although I noticed that the filler neck is bolted to the valve cover, so I'm almost wondering if the leak is orginating from there. Is there a gasket that should be there, or perhaps and O-ring? Or should I just use gasket maker on it and ensure a clean mating surface?

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

-Pat

d1giPhux
10-21-2006, 04:45 PM
You might have more luck with the technical question if you post it in a different forum. I know someone would probably be more likely to see it / answer it there, and im SURE someone here has the answer for you! :smile:

Reason
10-21-2006, 05:30 PM
welcome! Im new around here too! you will love it i almost feel at home already!

We have a lot of good people here. The more we add the better this place gets!