PDA

View Full Version : Body Kits

kidistight
10-20-2006, 04:22 AM
How is everyone doing new to the Legacy section of Subaru originally wanted a WRX but that was years ago. I am trying to do some research on the Legacy as to the body kits out there for it, but I keep ending up down a dead end. It seems like all you have to do is type the word WRX and you get an overload of sites with body kits and anything else you could ever want. Can anyone lead me in the right direction in terms of finding quality body kits for the GT Limited edition.

I mention the model because I am planning on upping the power in the range of high 300's or low 400's, just a number I picked because at that point I should be able to show the M3's and M5's there place behind AWD.

badbasser98
10-20-2006, 08:44 AM
what model year is your Legacy?

Anyway, see this thread, it should answer most of your questions.

http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=285

Wiscon_Mark
10-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Oh wow, this is just a complete fire hazard.

*zips up flamesuit*

If you're planning for that much power, kid, unless you have inordinate amounts of money, don't waste it on a bodykit. IMO, none of them are very good looking, and they're quite a lot of money.

Plays_with_Toys
10-20-2006, 09:48 AM
300 is attainable with the 05+ legacy GT's, and maybe with a 90-94 Legacy SS, but with any other model year you'll need most of a WRX to make that kind of power (motor swap.... $3-6k). There are body kits out there, but its hard to find an entire kit to buy. Usually you just need to keep an eye out for JDM bumpers and trim on ebay.

Huffer
10-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Unless you're overseas... in which case 300hp is totally attainable. :razz:

sheepdog
10-20-2006, 10:54 AM
As for your horsepower goals, read my sticky in the swaps and conversions forum. The motor in there right now won't cut it.

I haven't found any body kits i like for the BD chassis legacy. Stick with the GT stuff and do performance mods, the only decent looking stuff you'd have to get from japan and thats $$.

SilentRacer
10-20-2006, 06:47 PM
I mention the model because I am planning on upping the power in the range of high 300's or low 400's, just a number I picked because at that point I should be able to show the M3's and M5's there place behind AWD.

You would spend less money just buying the m3 in the first place.