PDA

View Full Version : Subaru 4-pot Install: The parts are rolling in...

Perdue
06-13-2005, 10:16 PM
After arguing with UPS about this and that and everything else, I finally got the first half of my shipment from Boxer4Racing.

First off: Two thumbs up to Dale for excellent service. Of all the vendors I've done business with, Boxer4Racing has by far exceeded my expectations in price, selection, and, most importantly, customer service. Great group of guys!!

Alright, as I said above, this is only half of the order. The Carbotech 11.3" Slotted Front Rotors, Brembo Slotted Rear rotors, and Carbotech Bobcat Pads for both front and rear shipped today, and are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. I've gotten the Subaru Version 5/6 4-pot Calipers (along with the hardware), the Stainless Lines, Speed Bleeders for both the 4 pots and my rear calipers, and my Vibrant MAF Adapter (has nothing to do with the brakes...I know, I know). All have arrived in good shape. My only concern is the fact that the pin retaining springs are nowhere to be found in my box or among the included hardware. I'm going to call Dale tomorrow and ask him about it, but if nothing else, I'm sure I can find a stainless locking pin that will fit the pins here (I'll let you all know when I find a solution). But enough already...here's the pics (sorry they're blurry...it was getting dark outside and I didn't want to mess with the tripod).

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/06/61305_LensesAndBrakes005-1.jpg

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/06/61305_LensesAndBrakes006-1.jpg

Pwise2326
06-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Damn P- those are some diesel brakes! Let us know how everything works out. PS- if you need any parts for the 4-pots, go to a nissan dealer and ask for the part for a 300ZX = same brakes for the most part. Pretty sure I read somewhere that most of the parts are interchangable, and people even recommend getting the retaining pins and anti-rattle clips from a nissan dealership cause it is cheaper and easier to get a hold of.

Perdue
06-14-2005, 06:03 AM
The anti-rattle clips and Pins came with the kit, so I don't have to worry about those again until later on down the road. I am going to go see if can get the pin retaining springs from the Nissan dealership though, depending on price. If it's too bad, I'll just get some stainless steel clips from Home Depot or somewhere that will fit these pins.

gator gt
06-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Perdue, I found those 'whisker springs' off a Nissan 300 ZX TT (which came with 4pots) at a local yard.

Dale is awesome. Great guy to ask questions and get info from!!

Glad to see you are getting your bits in.

GGT

Perdue
06-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, it sucks, but my Carbotech stuff is actually coming from carbotech. Dale said that it should be here by the end of the week, but either way, I'll be waiting until next week/weekend to do the install. Would've liked to have done it before my trip this weekend, but oh well. Rear Rotors should be here tomorrow.

BTW, I'm probably just going to get some Hairpin Clips to hold my Pins in. Boxer4 doesn't include the spring clips in the package, but it's no biggie.

Reason
06-15-2005, 04:32 AM
I hope you didn't buy that MAF adaptor. Beside the nice sound from a cone filter it seemed like it killed any low end that I had. This past weekend I put in my air box with my K&N filter. I haven't had a chance to drive her yet or reset the ECU. The dash is apart and I plan on stripping the rest of the interior this weekend. The whole reason for me to put the air box in is cause I plan on making a custom CAI. If that don't work I will see how the INJEN CAI works.

Perdue
06-15-2005, 06:20 AM
I actually already have the GPMoto Short Ram Intake. It was my first mod not 1 week after having the car, and the filter hasn't been cleaned since I put it on there. The car needed a new filter (started to bogg from time to time when pulling out hard), so I bought the MAF and a new cone filter from Summit Racing. I also changed my fuel filter, plugs, and plug wires. All around tuneup. It's running a lot better now, and top end power is definately back...just need a chambered muffler so I can get some low end back.

Edit: and yes I do plan on modifying the intake for Cold Air.

Perdue
06-15-2005, 10:06 PM
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/06/61505_RrRotors002-1.jpg

Brembo Rear Rotors came in today. I have to work a 16hr shift tomorrow, so if the carbotech stuff comes in, I'll update before I leave on friday. Unfortunately, no install for me before I leave, unless I can work it around everything else I'm doin friday.