PDA

View Full Version : i'm very sad...

ooberdoob
11-17-2006, 03:03 AM
i blew 3 of my four kappas, and though they are all going to get replaced with a generation newer for free (kicks ass like bruce lee,) they do not fit my car worth a damn.

and i hate it. i hate shitty installs like that one. they aren't even fucking screwed in!

so...

what DID you put in your BG/BK/BD legacy?

i don't give a shit what joe shmoe said he did, i wanna know something that really works.

i'm gonna swap the kappas out, but just shelf them, i even have a nice alpine 50x4@2ohms for them...

they'll just have to wait for my next vehicle i guess

what did you do?

thank you...

the depressed audiophile,
david

warrior
11-17-2006, 07:38 AM
I'm assuming you're referring to door speakers? I've put in Alpine SPR-17LS 6 1/2" woofer.. I had to make a 3/4" thick bracket to bring it out from the door so the window would go down, and also had to shave a few 10ths of an inch off the metal stopper so it would clear the side of the magnet..

If this is not what you're referring to.. useless post!! :razz:

Wiscon_Mark
11-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Polk dbs. They're cheaper than your Kappas, and IMO sound just as good.

Not as much bass though. But the mids & highs are excellent.

Perdue
11-17-2006, 11:33 AM
I love my Kicker CompVRs...one 12 was plenty in my BD at 400RMS...when I had 2 in there...

Wiscon_Mark
11-17-2006, 11:35 AM
I love my Kicker CompVRs...one 12 was plenty in my BD at 400RMS...when I had 2 in there...

He's talking about regular speakers, not subwoofers, John ;)

ooberdoob
11-17-2006, 02:58 PM
door speakers.

and for subs i have two CVR10DVCs. yeah, they are loud :twisted: they aren't in the subie though. i blew the amp while they were in the truck and i just kept the subs. i'll get an amp for those after i get the speakers settled.

but anyhow...

looking at the dBs; they are 2" top mount whereas my kappas are 2 3/6". i think that might do it. thank god. i'm gonna go find some locally. that way if they don't fit, i can just return them today.

and at like $100/pr... AND marine certified... (with the shields removed water drips on the back of the magnet and onto everything. people should be warned about that.)

ooberdoob
11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
i got a set. DB650s.

i'm stoked. $75/pr @ Circuit City.

Wiscon_Mark
11-17-2006, 09:35 PM
That's the same set I got.

Perdue
11-18-2006, 08:48 AM
oh hell...db650s all the way then. I guess that's what happens when you're half asleep.

Edit: I remember wondering why he would have 4 subs in a legacy :lol:

ooberdoob
11-18-2006, 07:56 PM
they don't have the the definition like the kappas of course, but they are warmer w/o an amp.

the most important thing to me...

THEY INSTALLED BEAUTIFULLY!

even used the factory harnesses!

they sound damn nice to me. i'm completely satisfied.

Wiscon_Mark
11-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Yeah, different price point than the Kappas. But well worth the money.