PDA

View Full Version : alrght ill get to this now

theboyo19
11-25-2006, 09:26 AM
ok so im harrison. im from minnesota.. i have a 95 legacy lsi, its my first car and im in love with it.. the previous owner (s) backed into two different cars and damaged both rear corners and bumper. the last owner slipped on a black ice patch and slid into a concrete barrier damaging the passenger fender bumper tearing the tire and breaking the bead off the rims :shock: ... so far ive planned on changing the interior color to black and orange with blue accent lights. ive changed my gauge color from that green stuff to blue.. :wink: im putting a body kit on and shaving the door handles :twisted: .. also looking at an engine swap with a 93 ej22 turbo i think . about a mile from my house ..idk... anything anyone can think of that would help me with my list of wallett breaking projects let me know.. this website has already given me ideas.

Wiscon_Mark
11-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Well, cosmetic advice:

You'll outgrow those kinds of tastes. When I was 15 or so, I would've rather had my mom's civic and put a big flashy bodykit, etc, etc on it. I definitely don't think like that anymore, because I'd rather sink my money into performance than cosmetics. The cosmetics I do are mostly stock (JDM) parts that I think improve the stock looks of the vehicle. Bodykits are okay if they're small and subtle (accentuate curves, etc) but flashy ones usually interrupt the lines of the car and completely destroy the car's flow. Also...orange seems like a terrible choice for the interior...I would rethink that one.

That being said, it's your car, and your money, so you can do whatever you damn well please, I'm just giving you a perspective on it.

Where in Minnesota are you from?

Welcome to the site :smile:

theboyo19
11-25-2006, 10:38 AM
im in farmington. bout a 40 min drive from the cities i really hate civics.. too many on the road and they all look the same... :mad: as for the body kit.. ive only found one and cant really decide on it .. ill post pics of it as im goin

sheepdog
11-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately, you'll find a severe lack of tasteful body kits for your legacy (I'm referrencing the BD chassis specifically here, but its true for everyone sadly in my opinion). You'll be happier doing a GT front bumper, a lip, and doing the rest of the repairs, then paint the car whatever color you want. Unless you're prepared to spend the money and time to import aftermarket body parts from Japan that is. I emphasize the money aspect there, however there are several people around here and places that can help you if that's not an issue.

As for the interior, that's kind of my pet peeve (well, except being partial to motor swaps and coilovers haha) I've converted my own car's (my impreza, but same difference) interior from tan to black. It looks great when done well. However, interior accents can easily be made corny, in fact I've made mistakes myself in the past that I've had to change. Unless the exterior of the car is orange, you run the risk of landing yourself a ricer badging. Even if the car was orange, youd have to tread softly. However, don't let anyone discourage you if that's what you want to do, remember it's your car and not anyone elses. Feel free to post up and ask opinions and advice from people when you start the process , most people here are low key and won't be too awful to you ;)

Oh, and read my motor swaps sticky ;)

deadlydave
11-25-2006, 02:16 PM
What sheepdog said is right-on, follow your unique ides for the car. Make sure you plan them very well, however, and it's always a good idea to stay true to the heritage of the car. A lot of the guys on here, myself included, have forgone a bodykit for lower and/or stiffer suspension. I'm happy as a clam with my stock-ish looking vehicle, 'cause it's fun to drive.

oh yea, i've got a '95 LSi too, rock on brotha.

subba
11-25-2006, 02:16 PM
welcome to the forum, i am new here 2 :D
but as they say, bodykits are ok but i much rather like the stock look 2, right now the only thing i think i would like is a lip cus my front bumper looks like it has something missing......I hate civic's also and every car i see with a body kit it reminds me of one :-/

subyguy522
11-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey there. I hate civics too... Welcom to SL-i. I hope you find a nice body kit.

Huffer
11-25-2006, 04:33 PM
I like the shaving door handles idea. I shaved the lockholes on my Impreza, but left the handles. It actually cleaned up the look a LOT. :)

blackgtbeauty
11-25-2006, 05:54 PM
how can you HATE a car? do you not like Civics because there are so many that just look funny? or do you really not like the Civic as a car?

Superu264
11-25-2006, 06:36 PM
I hate Civics.

While I respect them for their high quality, high fuel efficiency, and overall good reliability.. IF I SEE ONE MORE "PIMPED" CIVIC I WILL VOMIT ALL OVER IT

To me modding a car is doing something that the manufacturer never had intended for a car, its supposed to be a lot of do it yourself and trial and error, its doing things you shouldn't be able to do to the car. Civic's are like iPods, very unoriginal and have more accessories than you would know what to do with them. That's my problem with Scions as well, a car company that wants you to mod their car is like your parents liking to your favorite band, not cool.

..oh yeah, welcome to the site :cool:

Wiscon_Mark
11-25-2006, 07:16 PM
I put in 600 miles in one day on a 2002 Civic 4EAT two days ago...I don't hate them, but there's a lot to be desired.

The suspension sucks, for one (ramps were a pain, especially because I was going reasonable speeds and still had body lean, and it felt like the tires were at the edge of their grip, even though they're decent tires). The tranny can be annoying, but I really think I got to know it a lot better since this trip, and can skillfully coordinate it how I want. I'm not really a big fan of revving to 6000 rpms (or higher, redline is almost 7k) but you can't be afraid to with that car if you want to really move.

That being said, the mileage certainly is nice on the highway :smile:

subba
11-25-2006, 09:22 PM
The bare sound of a V-Tec makes me mad :mad:

theboyo19
11-25-2006, 09:47 PM
i dont really hate civics its just that its just an all too common car.. EVERYONE in the import area or almost everyone has one.. its never appealed to me... ya theyre easy to get parts for and thats nice .. but your not unique and thats what i think your car should be about..
thanks for everyones imput and welcomes :grin:
ps im putting in my stereo tomorrow morning .. ill post pics when its done. :cool:

subyguy522
11-26-2006, 03:19 AM
how can you HATE a car? do you not like Civics because there are so many that just look funny? or do you really not like the Civic as a car?

I really just don't like them when they are decked out.

d1giPhux
11-26-2006, 10:27 AM
People have civics because they are cheap, and there are thousands of different, cheap parts you can put on for fun. I personally like the CRX myself.. too bad the last year they made them in was 91. They are still great cars though, i wish i still had one.. they are definitely fun. A totally different driving experience from AWD, but fun none the less =]

Oh, and WELCOME to the forum by the way.. nice car :grin:

BryantPHS91
11-26-2006, 12:33 PM
im sure all of you have seen the fast and the furious, the first one. I not a big fan of civics, but if you do them right, they can come out rather good looing. They had a nice clean look in the 3 black civics with green underglow. not a bad ride if you ask me. but ill stick with my legacy :smile:

d1giPhux
12-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Funny thing is.. some of the best civics bodies look like crap, or they just have a cheap body kit on them and are painted flat black / primer! :lol:

warrior
12-01-2006, 02:46 PM
A buddy of mine just picked up the Si, 2007. He can't stop oogling over how great it is and the handling and the FWD LSD! lmao.. at the end of his little parade, i simply stated.

"You're still driving Honda's ECONOMICAL car. :smile: "

sheepdog
12-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I'd rock one of the new civic SI 4 doors as a daily. I wouldn't bother modding it though.

Wiscon_Mark
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I would definitely rock a Civic Si :smile: