PDA

View Full Version : Factory keyless entry help

warrior
11-28-2006, 08:31 AM
I have factory keyless entry on my car. The only problem is, I can never tell if I locked the car because it doesn't horn or flash lights, I have to "listen" to the locks locking.

Sometimes the button doesn't work and I have to press is twice which isn't a problem, but is there anyway to wire in the blinkers or the horn so I have an audible or visual confirmation? I'd hate to walk away from the car assuming I locked it and it wasn't locked :cry:

d1giPhux
11-28-2006, 08:48 AM
I think you can activate the sound by pressing both buttons on the controller down at once. This allows it to go into silent mode, or the mode where it will beep when you lock / unlock. I know this is how it works on my BD, let me know if that helps you out at all. :lol:

warrior
11-28-2006, 09:11 AM
YES! Thanks!

One beep = doors locked, two beeps = doors unlocked!

I never got a manual with my car.. all I got was SLi :oops:

Wiscon_Mark
11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
We're better ;)

I'm going to move this topic as well.

d1giPhux
11-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Yea, i didnt get a manual with my car either.. well, my last suby.. this one i got the manual that came with the car.. but i just figured it out one day.. because i know some alarm systems i have used in the past were the same.... i was sick of my 'silen' unlock / lock, so i just mashed both buttons one day and BAM problem solved! :grin:

markv
12-14-2006, 08:41 PM
ok so question.

If you have to hit both simoultaniously to make the beep.....can you hit them both again to stop the beep..?

I know it sounds stupid but Im starting to go nuts with the beep sound. I hear it so my add kiks in and I press it a million times until I hear the horn..

Wiscon_Mark
12-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Yes sir.

markv
12-14-2006, 10:43 PM
would u happen to know how long i should hold it for?

shazapple
12-15-2006, 12:33 AM
you have to be by the car, and the car should flash its lights or something

Wiscon_Mark
12-15-2006, 01:16 AM
you have to be by the car, and the car should flash its lights or something

Yeah, it'll do the flash, but won't beep, and that'll mean you've disabled it.

markv
12-15-2006, 09:51 AM
cool, thanks a lot guys. So far all my questions have been answered. Thats impressive

d1giPhux
12-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Weird.. i dont think i've ever noticed the lights flash on my car, i just enable / disable it the same way... go near the car, hold both buttons down, and test it to see if its in silent / beep mode. Sick of the beeping already? :lol: I like my beep dammit! Lets the potential theifs know i have an alarm!

markv
12-17-2006, 05:56 PM
yea but when your party at your friends house has been crashed by the copps and you gotta run you dont wanna jump into your tinted car and press the unlock button and have the both the beep and the lights go off twice...you know what i mean

d1giPhux
12-17-2006, 07:33 PM
^ well if u plan on getting in a car after the partayyy.. haha sheeeit. :lol:

But yea, wouldnt be too good for that, id prolly be too paranoid anyways and shut it off before! or just not bring my car at all!

markv
12-17-2006, 07:34 PM
haha, i got ya...true that