PDA

View Full Version : Chips for N/A's

cbroo
11-29-2006, 03:06 AM
So been waiting a while and finally have got most the upgardes I need to have some serious HP for a 2.5i NA but what I really want/need next is a chip, and I think the rallitek PP6 and I think that it will greatly put my car above 200hp maybe more if I can figure out ho to toy with system. BU do you guys/gals have any thoughts, feedback on this chip, even though it's somewhat new to the market, I have full cnfidence in rallitek products, so any hel would be greatly appericated.
chris

Reason
11-29-2006, 07:29 AM
oh yea, you will gain a lot from that. I would slap on a Perring light weight pulley too. Its cheap and easy. Did you have you car dynoed at 186 to the wheels or is it estimates? If you dynoed it do you have charts of it? stock and what you have done?

rougeben83
11-29-2006, 07:51 PM
So been waiting a while and finally have got most the upgardes I need to have some serious HP for a 2.5i NA but what I really want/need next is a chip, and I think the rallitek PP6 and I think that it will greatly put my car above 200hp maybe more if I can figure out ho to toy with system. BU do you guys/gals have any thoughts, feedback on this chip, even though it's somewhat new to the market, I have full cnfidence in rallitek products, so any hel would be greatly appericated.
chris

The PP6 is probably the best performance/dollar piggyback for NA subbies. A lot of all N/A guys in the RS25 forums swear by it; though it seems it's easier to tune on an MAF car, vs. a MAP one (I'm not sure if yours is MAP, probably is, but double check).

Headers/cams/lightweight puller/exhaust/pp6 puts you at around 200hp at the crank (conservatively).

Perdue
11-29-2006, 08:22 PM
A lot of guys DO NOT swear by PP6 too. It comes with mixed reviews. Many have had trouble getting maps, and even wiring diagrams, according to their posts on RS25. I did a lot of research when I was looking at going turbo, and had decided I was going with Greddy Emanage over PP6. It's easier to tune and leaves less for the user/tuner to screw up.

rougeben83
11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
A lot of guys DO NOT swear by PP6 too. It comes with mixed reviews. Many have had trouble getting maps, and even wiring diagrams, according to their posts on RS25. I did a lot of research when I was looking at going turbo, and had decided I was going with Greddy Emanage over PP6. It's easier to tune and leaves less for the user/tuner to screw up.

Isn't that mostly from the turbo guys? A lot more people going with custom turbo setups DON'T like the PP6, yes; mostly because of the way the PP6 handles increased fuel delivery (that is where the map issues usually come from) and some drivability issues, as well as the lack of some features that more robust systems offer. It's simplicity is a double-edge sword; it's relatively easier to tune, but you can't really diverge that wildly from the staged maps Rallitek sends you for the setup that you describe to them.

I actually sold the PP6 that came with my turbo kit for the same reason as well - and I bought an Emanage Ultimate. Primarily because the shop that will be doing the dyno tuning has significantly more experience with the Emanage,and them being a dealer and all, will have the necessary parts to troubleshoot that specific system. Even more people have had trouble tuning this by themselves - even some tuners hate tuning the emanage.

I guess YMMV for basically every type of engine management (both piggyback and standalone) out there; but it's easier to pick the one that a lot of people have used so you can come to them for help/troubleshooting.

On a mildly setup N/A though, there isn't a lot of other choices out there for the money.

cbroo
12-02-2006, 03:36 AM
A lot of guys DO NOT swear by PP6 too. It comes with mixed reviews. Many have had trouble getting maps, and even wiring diagrams, according to their posts on RS25. I did a lot of research when I was looking at going turbo, and had decided I was going with Greddy Emanage over PP6. It's easier to tune and leaves less for the user/tuner to screw up. SO the Greddy is like a chip or is it for a turbo kit?

ten80
12-02-2006, 11:44 AM
the e-manage is a stand-alone computer. It usually works great for most people, however, it must be tuned which can be expensive. Additionally, your car will no longer be OBDII compliant and in some states, will fail emissions testing.

cbroo
12-04-2006, 08:52 PM
oh yea, you will gain a lot from that. I would slap on a Perring light weight pulley too. Its cheap and easy. Did you have you car dynoed at 186 to the wheels or is it estimates? If you dynoed it do you have charts of it? stock and what you have done? estimated, after all was done harvey at superrepair had it tuned and told me it would put my HP at or around 180-188 hp so it's estimated, but you can feel a huge increase on my low-mid range power 2nd and 3rd gear are fun