PDA

View Full Version : My Lucky Day

pdawg
06-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Its a nice day here in Nashville so I took the dqy off. I went to get my oil change. They had a newbie in the pit and he pulled the transmission plug instead of the oil plug. So I got a free transmission service right at 56k. Pretty sweet. :P :P Ever happen to anyone else?

NDBBM
06-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Nope. I never get that lucky. Maybe I should try and take my rides to one of those places. I spent half the day messing with oil changes on the Legacy and truck yesterday. I'm liking this car more every day and it's not even on the road yet. 4.5 qts is so much less hassle than the 11 my truck takes.

Reason
06-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Those people are retarded, that's why I do it myself. Good deal on the tranny fluid change.

shazapple
06-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Thats sweet. I wonder how someone can get the oil and tranny plug mixed up though :? This is why I do my own maintenance. Did some today actually :-)

Wiscon_Mark
06-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Subarus are so incredibly easy to change the oil on....everything is right there. You don't need jackstands like our Hondas :x
Here's a challenge: beat my dad's time of 7 minutes for an oil change 8) One person only, no helpers!

Pwise2326
06-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Nah, I have to jack mine up now, sits a little too low for me to squirm underneath. It's definatly nice to have the oil plug and oil filter on the bottom of the block...no need to reach up underneath or through anything like my mom's accord...PITA...