PDA

View Full Version : Got a CEL today..TWICE!!

2deadlegs
06-17-2005, 06:17 PM
LEt me start off by saying I added a bottle of X1-R gas treatment to mr car a week ago and didn't go anywhere. Today I take the car out for a healthy run and as I pull up to the gas station I get a CEL. I shut the car off, get gas, turn it back on and it is gone. Car feels kinda slugish. I am hauling much ass down the road and down shift to third..BOOM...CEL again!! I proceed with caution...it shuts off further down the road and haven't seen it sense.

Anybody want to take a guess what it was/is before I pull the codes tonight?

Tokio
06-17-2005, 06:50 PM
...i dont mean to sound silly...but...

is your gas cap on tight??

2deadlegs
06-17-2005, 11:30 PM
As a matter of fact it was...

Tokio
06-18-2005, 05:10 PM
i dont know what to tell you bubba, without seeing the car in person.

gimme some clues...im sure the forum can come up with some solutions...or tristan will make some up...lol

HFSDevil
06-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Go to local Autozone and have them pull your codes for free.

Wiscon_Mark
06-26-2005, 09:35 AM
...or tristan will make some up...lol

:toothy10: :smt043 :smt042

haplesspete
07-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Did you find out what the fault code was ? the CEL should stay litup untill you clear the code from your ecu.

Pete

Reason
07-05-2005, 04:37 PM
LEt me start off by saying I added a bottle of X1-R gas treatment to mr car a week ago

Could this be the cause?? I never used X1-r before but did use others in the past and never had a problem. When was your last tune-up?

Tris_STi
07-06-2005, 02:18 PM
i dont know what to tell you bubba, without seeing the car in person.

gimme some clues...im sure the forum can come up with some solutions...or tristan will make some up...lol

I just now saw this, sneaky bastid. :smt006

I've been getting a CEL when I first start out in the mornings, and then it goes away after I keep driving. There's no odd feel in the car/drive, but then again, I have an AT, so I could be quite wrong. Maybe it's telling me there's something wrong in the engine? I kept throwing intermittant codes before I blew a plug last time. . .