PDA

View Full Version : 97 GT and Outback brakes the same?

MXS
12-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Can someone tell me if the 97 GT sedan and the 97 Outback wagon have the same front calipers? I have some 15" steel wheels that don't fit on my car (inside of the wheel hits the caliper) and I'm wondering if there is any chance they will fit on an Outback.

if not, what Legacies of the same generation came with smaller brakes? I know the L sedan has 14's stock so they must be smaller.

thanks!

Wiscon_Mark
12-18-2006, 12:15 AM
hmmm...I would just get a differnent set of steelies that do clear it. Because LGT brakes should clear 15 inch rims fine, considering many GT owners get 15" steel rims for winter. FWIW, outback rims are all 15" in the 2nd generation.

blackgtbeauty
12-18-2006, 12:21 AM
considering many GT owners get 15" steel rims for winter.

:hello2:

MXS
12-18-2006, 12:33 AM
I bought 15" steelies for winter, they didn't fit. Now I am trying to sell them. Need to know who I can sell them to. I don't need any more wheels at this point :grin: (I own 20 wheels and 26 tires, not including spares. how did this happen :shock: )

blackgtbeauty
12-18-2006, 01:40 AM
I own 20 wheels and 26 tires, not including spares. how did this happen :shock:

pfff... that's nothin'....

actually that's refrickindiculous.

but you rally-x too so it's understandable (right?).

rougeben83
12-18-2006, 03:46 AM
To be on the safe side, any subbie with single piston brakes will clear 14" rims, so you can sell them to those people. Usually the L models (Imprezas and I guess Legacies) used single piston front with drums in the back.

MXS
12-18-2006, 03:52 PM
To be on the safe side, any subbie with single piston brakes will clear 14" rims, so you can sell them to those people. Usually the L models (Imprezas and I guess Legacies) used single piston front with drums in the back. that is what I thought. Time to convince people to buy stuff. Anybody want any steelies? :cool:

to blackgtbeauty: compared to some people I know, that really is nothing. :lol: but yeah, I have winter tires for my summer car, summer wheels for my winter car, extra tires that came with wheels that I bought, extra tires that came with tires that I bought, plus I race both of my cars... yeah, things add up fast. :roll:

badbasser98
12-18-2006, 04:21 PM
compared to some people I know, that really is nothing. :lol:
*COUGH*Sybir*COUGH*

damn... I thought I had a lot at three sets of wheels with tires and a spare set of tires.. :lol:

Though that's been reduced to two sets of wheels w/ tires and a full set of spare tires.

That being said, anyone want a cheap set of 205/55-16's? :razz:

Huffer
12-18-2006, 04:48 PM
That being said, anyone want a cheap set of 205/55-16's? :razz:

How cheap is cheap, and what specifics?

badbasser98
12-18-2006, 05:07 PM
they are Uniroyal's (sp) the dealer put on before I bought it. If I knew they were going that route, I would have told them not to bother. I really just want them gone. Cost of shipping good enough? Full tread, not even 150 miles on them...

sorry for thread jacking :oops:

MXS
12-18-2006, 05:57 PM
no problem, my question was answered :smile: